Fors Marsh Group LLC (FMG) is an applied research firm located in Northern Virginia. Our primary mission is to leverage insights from the social sciences to enhance decision-making around communication, market research, and human resource management.
FMG is seeking an experienced, intelligent and motivated Quantitative Researcher with expertise in the areas of research methods and statistical analysis to support a variety of research projects. This individual would work in a senior research role, providing subject matter expertise and/or overseeing the work of a small research team(s).
- Leading the design, execution, and interpretation of social science, experimental, survey research, and other studies (e.g., studies requiring experimental design, questionnaire design).
- Applying sophisticated principles in the fields of statistics, survey methodology, and/or other social science disciplines to analyze survey, experimental, and other data. (e.g., clustering, missing data techniques, interrater reliability/agreement).
- Preparing written proposals, research reports, and other internal or external communications summarizing research methods, findings, and implications.
- Directly interfacing with internal teams and clients to understand their needs, manage their expectations, respond to ad hoc requests, and communicate the most pertinent results to them in a way that is useful and easy to understand
- Serving as a technical or project lead on research projects and internal R&D efforts, as well as participating in project meetings.
- Advancing the reputation of our organization through participation at professional conferences, publication of research studies, and continued technical training.
- Graduate degree in social science, public policy, statistics, quantitative psychology, survey methodology, or related field.
- A minimum of four years of experience conducting research projects
- Experience working with existing datasets and integrating from multiple sources preferred
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with government agencies, such as DoD, CDC, FDA, or similar
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information
- Knowledge of at least one statistical analysis software package (Stata is preferred) and Microsoft Office computer software applications
- Opportunities for professional development in a collaborative, small business environment where staff are self-motivated and enthusiastic about their field of study
- Opportunities to participate in high quality research and influence decision making among government leaders
- Highly competitive benefit/compensation package
FMG Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity