The Certification Officer/Registration Coordinator (CORC) is responsible for all Certification/State Verification activities, STEM certificates, content exams. The CORC will also serve as the colleges Veterans Administration Certifying Official. In addition, he/she is responsible for scheduling the first classes for all newly enrolled students, managing the Registration inbox, deferments, and enrollment verifications. The CORC is responsible for maintenance and integrity of student records, and for providing excellent customer service.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensures college policies and FERPA regulations are adhered to in processing student information.
- Prepares required registration reports, as requested.
- Collaborates with administrators, faculty and other staff to facilitate and improve services to students, including catalog and registration/records policy questions and support academic programming.
- Assists with initiatives in improving efficiency using technology and creativity.
- Plans and implements registration dates and timeline with other departments as needed. Assists with developing procedures and practices for fair and consistent business operating procedures.
- Sends verification letters to student and/or appropriate state department of education.
- Completes, signs, and stamps verification forms supplied by student.
- Reviews and approves/denies licensure requests submitted to the Indiana Department of Education and other states.
- Communicates with students and state departments of education as needed.
- Works with Senior VP of Academic Services, Department Chairs, and Compliance Officer on various Department of Education issues, as needed.
- Verify all qualifying veterans are certified through the Veterans Administration.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Veterans Administration.
- Stay up-to-date on any policy and/or procedure changes from the Veterans Administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in all aspects of operation a college in a fast-paced environment.
- Trustworthy and collaborative work style.
- Excellent analytical skills to help improve decision making.
- Demonstrates self-reliance by meeting/exceeding workflow needs.
- Follows established processes as outlined by Manager.
- Completes assigned duties based on daily business needs and individual skill set.
- Consistently produces a high volume of quality work.
- Capable, and adapts as needed, to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and a team-player.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Builds and maintains student satisfaction.
- Recognizes and anticipates student needs.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university, preferably in higher education administration, enrollment management or related field, OR equivalent work experience of 5 years in a college registration or Registrar office setting.
- 2 years of direct work experience in a college registration or Registrar office setting preferred.
- Proficient in Campus Nexus Student Information System is preferred.
- Must be able to maintain high level of sensitivity and commitment to the need of diverse populations.
- Must be able to multitask in a high stress, fast-paced environment while continuing to maintain a stellar customer service relationship.
- Work experience in an online environment with knowledge of state and federal regulations to include enrollment policies and procedure is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- This position is expected to work from the main campus in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with and receive communications from students and ACE employees in real time using online and other electronic media.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
American College of Education seeks to attract and retain a diverse staff consistent with its diverse student body and surrounding communities.
ACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.