Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking to add a Real Estate Director to the Retail Team. The Director will oversee the day to day activities incumbent in building a North American retail store fleet. The Director will be the highest-level position within the Casper ecosystem solely dedicated to building and maintaining the Real Estate portfolio. This position will liaise with and organize key internal and external functions including financial, design/ construction and retail business partners. The director will partner with the SVP Retail and Partnerships on all Strategic imitative and direct the cadence and content of all RE committee meetings.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Develop, maintain and communicate the Process map, RE pipeline, and other key document necessary for the continual development and operation of a Retail RE portfolio within North America
- Key contact with external broker and represent Casper in prioritizing projects, developing and executing LOI’s, maintaining leasing principals and regularly meeting with the SVP R/RP to ensure that the Annual and LRP leasing strategy is being executed on time and on budget
- Key RE contact with Finance team overseeing annual strategic plan, pro forma development
- Key contact with legal team and external legal partner to oversee development of lease / LOI templates, leases, renewals kick outs terminations and other key contractual obligations
- Key contact with retail team Director in conveying and receiving information pertinent to the smooth acquisition of retail spaces aligned to the overall growth plan
- Key contact with Design and Construction team to insure on time execution of the RE pipeline
- Partner with Data team to develop regression analytics that inform and challenge best practices in retail growth strategy. Work with Data team to understand the overall multichannel growth potential and hone RE strategy to maximize acquisition potential Tie selection analytics software to mapping software
- Primary source of understanding and maintaining the competitive landscape of retail and disruptor businesses within the bricks and mortar environment in North America
Our dream candidate is...
- A college degree in Business or relevant area of study
- Experience working within a national retail organization overseeing a midsize or larger portfolio of stores (minimum 50 doors)
- Minimum 7-10 years working within a retail and commercial real estate industry
- Experience with leasing principals and marking up LOI’s , leases and other documents used negotiating real estate deals
- Familiarity with LOIs lease forms and typical negotiating points associated with the major developers within the US and Canada
- Familiarity with street deals and experience in working with external legal teams in successfully negotiating deals that protect Casper interests
- Experience with developing and maintaining processes, procedures and documents that support the overall strategy
- Clear, collaborative communication style that explains strategy builds consensus, and is underpinned by replicative process and procedure
- Ability to communicate with Financial team using key Excel Docs including the development of a proprietary proforma doc
- Demonstrable experience working with outside brokerage and legal firms. Experience working in a brokerage is a plus
- Knowledge and ability working with MS suite, Google Docs, Looker, Analytics and mapping software
- Ability to review rudimentary leasing plans and LOD’s
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!