The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a full-time, permanent Junior Coordinator, Recruitment & HR. This position is based out of our Vancouver head office (1660 E Hastings Street).
What you’ll do
- Act as the main recruitment point of contact for dedicated departments and locations across SPUD.CA
- Post new positions in our Applicant Tracking system, and on external job boards & social media, maintaining a pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Pre-screen applicants, and/or and conduct first interviews for candidates.
- Conduct reference checks.
- Develop and maintain clear and accurate job descriptions, which are consistent across all locations
- Create reports as needed.
- Make recommendations to improve the recruitment process and employment experience.
- Issue offer letters, and new hires packages.
- Assist with orientation & onboarding new employees as needed:
- Welcome employees to SPUD
- Provide facility tours.
- Collect new hire paperwork and ensure its properly completed.
- Review the job description and expectations in detail with the new hire.
- Discuss work policies & procedures as required
- Coordinate training for new employees with subject matter experts as needed
- Act as a liaison between our Payroll & Benefits Department and employee inquiries.
- Attend job fairs and community networking events representing SPUD
- Work cross-functionally with various departments and key individuals
- Additional duties as required.
- Have fun, grow, learn, and work with an amazing team!
What you’ll receive
- An annual salary, based on experience.
- 20 % discount.
- Extended health care benefits (after the 90 day probationary period).
- 4% vacation accrual (2 weeks’ accrued after 1 year of employment).
- Opportunities for growth and development- we love to promote from within!
- The chance to work in a fast-paced, motivated environment with like-minded individuals, who are passionate about sustainability, supporting local, community, and delicious food!
What you'll need
- A passion for sustainability, supporting local, healthy, fresh organic food, and building community!
- A Degree or Diploma in Human Resources is required.
- 1 year of experience, related to recruitment or training, is an asset.
- Retail, grocery, or barista experience is an asset.
- A basic understanding of Employment Standards legislation.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Proven ability to manage your own work load, take initiative as a self-starter, with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A positive, upbeat attitude, sense of humour, and willingness/ability to be flexible and grow within in a dynamic, growing, fast-paced company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak up, share your opinion, and have an open mind.
- Down with having adorable dogs in the office on Fridays!
The SPUD family of companies includes:
• SPUD.CA (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery)- residential and office deliveries in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Edmonton
• Be Fresh- 5 market/cafes within the city of Vancouver, and our Be Fresh commissary services
• Blush Lane Organic Market- 4 markets, and a Farmer’s Market location in Calgary and Edmonton
• The Juice Box- healthy (and delicious!) fresh pressed juices and nut milks
Applications for all companies, except for Blush Lane Organics, are centralized through the SPUD Careers site. To apply for Blush Lane please see their Careers site.
Our values include:
• Fight to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
• Have Passion for Sustainable Food
• Be Open to the Perspective of Others
• Learn, Grow & Win as a Team
• Be Scrappy and Own It
• Find the Fun Together
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring practices.