Manager Data Analytics job in St. Paul
Vacancy has expired
Attention Business analysts and data scientists: Do you enjoy leveraging data and insights to identify business opportunities and improve business performance? Are you a skilled analyst ready to take the next step in your career and lead a team of business analysts? Do you believe in sustainability and want to make a positive social impact? Would you like to apply your skills and experience with data to support socially responsible, independent, and community-owned grocery stores and an organization committed to the triple-bottom line?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is a member-owned business service cooperative providing a variety of services to retail food co-ops in 37 states. NCG helps unify food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and offer more value to food co-op shoppers everywhere.
We are seeking an energetic and entrepreneurial individual with a passion for using data and analysis in developing business strategy and making business decisions. This position will lead a group of analysts working directly with NCG's business managers to leverage data and insights to capitalize on opportunities with partners, improve our programs, and help our co-ops compete.
This is an ideal position for experienced managers of analytics and analysts looking to take the next step in their career in a leadership position. This position will be based in NCG’s Saint Paul, MN office, and requires up to 30% business travel. Relocation assistance is available for this opportunity!
• Lead a team that provides actionable information in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner
• Advise management on strategy based on analysis
• Manage relationships with strategic partners
• Evaluates business needs and requests for data and information, identify resources to meet those needs
• Lead cross-functional projects using data modeling and analysis techniques
• Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
• Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees.
• Communicate results and business impacts to stakeholders within and outside of NCG
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience developing solutions relying on multiple data sources (retailer, manufacturer, distributor, etc.) to support decision-making.
• B.S. or B.A. in Business or Computer Science or minimum of 3 years’ experience with business operations or systems development, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel and Power Point.
• Strong business analysis, organizational, and critical thinking skills; business analysis experience in food retailing preferred.
• Knowledge of retail grocery purchasing/negotiating concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects and work with teams and small groups.
Our people are our assets; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
Conveniently located between St. Paul and Minneapolis
2610 University Ave W, Suite 150 | St. Paul, MN 55114
Free Parking | Front Door Light Rail Station (Westgate - Green Line)
National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative for retail food co-ops located throughout the United States. We represent 147 food co-ops operating over 200 stores in 37 states with combined annual sales over $2 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. NCG helps unify natural food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and ultimately offer more value to natural food co-op owners and shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.strongertogether.coop.
Apply By: February 23, 2018