Position Title: Recruiter
Department: Human Resources
Supervisory Responsibility: Not responsible for supervising others.
Reports To: Recruiting Manager
Pay Band C | Exempt
Position Description: Maintains a robust and pro-active recruiting process, in order to source and hire the most qualified candidates for New Seasons Market. Identifies trends and areas for focused recruiting and partners with Recruiting Manager to develop and implement effective recruiting strategies. Assists with new store hiring processes. Engages and maintains strategic community partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Understands and models company culture. Influences, motivates and inspires others. Builds community within and outside of New Seasons Market.
* Delivers exceptional service and demonstrates friendly and attentive behaviors with internal and external customers.
* Embraces change and continuous improvement.
* Builds trust and respect through dependability, organization and follow through.
* Communication style is confident, informative, adaptive and effective, utilizing varied methods and active listening skills.
* Develops strong internal partnerships and contributes to a positive and collaborative work environment.
* Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in problem-solving and is solutions-oriented.
* Utilizes strategic thinking, data and industry knowledge, and calculated risk-taking to create competitive advantage.
* Plans for the future by setting clear and attainable goals.
* Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on needs of department.
* Demonstrates self-awareness and seeks opportunities for professional growth. Seeks and responds positively to feedback.
* Communicates in a professional and constructive manner. Responds to and follows through on emails and other communications in a timely manner.
* Observes all store rules and policies as listed in the New Seasons Market Staff Handbook, Operations Manual, and any other official NSM document or manual.
* Acts as a steward of company resources and Vision/Mission/Values by modeling and promoting sustainable behaviors/operations.
Position Specific Functions
* Partners with Recruiting Manager to maintain a robust and pro-active recruiting process, in order to source and hire the most qualified candidates for New Seasons Market in a reasonable time frame.
* Identifies trends and areas for focused recruiting and contributes to the development and implementation of effective recruiting strategies.
* Sources and screens candidates for store and department leadership positions. Consults with operations leadership team and hiring managers on recruitment needs and strategy.
* Supports HR Assistant Managers with recruiting efforts at store level.
* Recruits for Store Support positions as assigned.
* Assists Recruiting Manager with planning and coordination of hiring processes for new stores.
* Engages and maintains strategic partnerships with community partners and organizations in order to source candidates. Participates in external recruitment events such as job fairs, employer presentations, etc.
* Facilitates trainings related to staffing and interviewing.
* Works with Recruiting Manager and HR Assistant Managers to encourage diversity. Ensures fair hiring practices and encourages diversity of workforce through sourcing and influencing.
* Supports the Recruiting Manager on special projects.
* Maintains electronic copies of requisition documentation.
* Participates in HR Staff meetings.
* Maintains awareness of current HR projects.
* Participates as member of the HR team to deliver objectives.
* Maintains confidentiality of all personnel information.
* Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Required Permits and Licenses: Valid driver’s license.
Facilities, Sanitation, Work Safety and Food Safety
* Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
* Contributes to all-office cleanliness.
* Maintains equipment; informs department/office management of any problems.
* Reports all safety concerns and work related injuries to management.
Tools and Equipment Used
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: office equipment, computer, printer, and scanner.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
* Minimum of 3 years of HR experience required, with at least 1 year of significant recruiting and selection responsibility. Experience in a multi-unit, high-growth retail environment preferred.
* Previous management experience preferred.
* Demonstrated experience with behavior based interviewing required.
* Knowledge of social media, external job board recruiting and sourcing preferred.
* Proficiency and comfort with giving presentations and public speaking.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred. PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, with skills to learn new computer programs and systems. Previous experience with applicant tracking software required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Collaborative, strategic thinker and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Excellent organizational and project coordination skills, with an eye for process improvement.
* Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, with skills to build strong relationships, solicit and incorporate input.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
* Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ability to respond to urgent job responsibilities as they arise and flexible when priorities redirect.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to collaborate, negotiate and communicate effectively and professionally with cross-functional partners at all levels in the company, external partners and jobseekers.
* Demonstrated ability to influence others without the benefit of authority.
* Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
* Skills to work with a high degree of accuracy and meet timelines with high quality results.
* Strong attention to detail, quality and presentation.
* Proficiency in multiple languages a plus.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment around sensitive information.
* Skills to read, understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet needs of the department.
* Valid driver’s license and vehicle required, with ability to travel to store locations and other sites throughout Portland metro area. Travel to Northern California or Seattle regions may be required.
* Light work level
* Frequently required to sit, walk, reach and grasp.
* Occasionally required to stand, bend, twist and turn, lift and carry 1-20 pounds, lift 21-50 pounds, push and/or pull 1-50 pounds.
* Includes working in an office environment and occasionally in a variety of off-site environments, which may include working in refrigerated areas and on surfaces than can be wet and slippery.
* Typically maintains a moderate noise level.
* Working with exposure to dust, mold, gluten, fragrances and other fumes and airborne particles, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants, and flowers.
* Occasionally working near and using common commercial cleaning agents and chemicals.
Important Notice: The job duties, responsibilities, requirements and conditions, physical requirements and work environment listed in this job description are examples of the tasks that a staff member may be required to perform. New Seasons Market reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.