Operations Associate job in Berkeley
|Company Type:||Certified B Corporation|
|Industry:||Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacturing|
|Impact Area:||Food & Nutrition|
|Company Name:|| Dang Foods LLC|
|State / Province:||California (CA)|
|Zip / Postal Code:||94703|
Dang Foods is looking for an Operations Associate to join their team! Our flagship product line, Dang Coconut Chips, defy convention and categorization, and we look for people with those same qualities. We named Dang after our founder's mother, who gave us the recipe for our award-winning original recipe coconut chips. Our purpose is to connect cultures through food. Currently we are sold in over 10,000 stores nationwide, including Whole Foods, Costco, Safeway, Sprouts, Target, Kroger, Ahold and H-E-B. For more information, please visit our website at www.dangfoods.com.
The Position: Operations Associate
The Operations Associate's Mission: To ensure that Dang's day to day operations run smoothly.
• Execute order processing, including confirming purchase orders, coordinating pickups/deliveries, issuing returns or credits, and invoicing.
• Manage our shipping brokers and deliveries to ensure all timely and affordable delivery of product.
• Negotiate with shipping brokers to optimize freight expense.
• Coordinate closely with sales team or buyers in regards to purchase orders, delivery status, pricing and delivery issues, out of stocks (if applicable) in order to ensure highest levels of customer service.
• Prepare sales kits/product samples/marketing materials (t-shirts, flyers, coupons, etc.) to mail out our sales representatives, key buyers and consumer events.
• Calculate monthly commissions for our sales brokers.
• Enter bills into our internal software (Bill.com).• Review AR Aging and follow up with delinquent payments accordingly.
• Perform other administrative and accounting duties as assigned.
• Attention to detail
• Organization + Planning
• Proficient at MS Excel.
• At times, the position requires active movements (standing, preparing samples, and walking up and down stairs with packages). Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds in order to perform essential functions.
Dang Core Values:
Inspiration: To strive for true innovation
Mutuality: To foster mutually beneficial relationships
Borderless: No bounds to our snacks and mindsets
Work Smart: To plan and execute mindfully
Honesty and Integrity: Do the right thing
Our office is located blocks away from the Ashby Bart Station in Berkeley, CA. Competitive salary + Bonus + Health Benefits + Free lunches at corporate office. Please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please tell us what your favorite snack is, and why you are interested in Dang Foods.