Hello. We’re Fiasco, a small batch and wholesale artisan gelatiere located in Calgary, Alberta.
We’re doing our best to get back to the way things used to be…simple, honest and filled with passion. Join us in our pursuit to make the world a better place, one tiny spoonful at a time! ~ Team Fiasco
Fiasco Gelato is looking to add some more amazing people to our all-star roster as we continue to grow. We have built the company through our connection to our customers and community and BIG things are on the horizon!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, write and distribute approved press releases, media articles, and other creative content
- Ongoing outreach to media outlets, reporters, influencers and bloggers- pitching, researching and scheduling interviews
- Maintenance of media relationships locally and nationally
- Highly responsive and helpful attitude towards press, respect for immediacy and deadlines.
- Assist with executive media press opportunities and events
- Updating, maintaining and diversifying press kits
- Assist with proofing written marketing or internal culture materials
- Staying engaged with audiences through social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Organizing events including product launches and campaigns
- Ensuring all marketing messages and designs are clear, correct and consistent
- Assist with monitoring the impact of marketing plans and campaigns on sales
- Researching effective marketing campaigns to increase our relevance across Canada
- Occasional errands or “field trips” as needed
- Additional projects as assigned
We would love it if you:
- Are currently completing a diploma or certificate program in Public Relations
- Have knowledge of the grocery industry;
- Have good judgement, team player, autonomy, attention to detail;
- Are extremely organized and have prioritization skills
- Are a great communication skills - internal and external.
- Are proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Mac OS and iOS.
- Get in on building the next big thing and have a chance to grow your career as we grow a legendary company!
- Tickets to some of Calgary’s best festivals, concerts and conferences
- All the gelato you can eat, we take quality seriously, so seriously we’re willing to taste test every batch.
- Weekly employee pint of gelato or sorbetto to share with your friends and family
- Profit sharing program
- Team lunch everyday and snacks for days
- Personal development fund
- Beer o'clock
- Giving gang
- and we're just getting started!
Send us your resume and a cover letter that answers:
1. What value you would bring to our team (other than being positive, we consider that price of admission)?
2. What is your favourite brand/company and WHY?
3. Why do you want to work for us?
4. What makes you weird?
NOTE: Applications will not be reviewed without a cover letter. The best way to do this is to attach the cover letter and resume in the same file.