Full Stack Developer job in Colchester or Rutland
We are looking for a talented senior-level Developer to join our fast-paced IT team to help design, build and implement elegant front-end and back-end solutions for our customers. This position requires a broad set of skills focused on writing clean, maintainable, and testable code; facilitating automated unit and integration tests; implementing and integrating RESTful API’s; and working with Agile scrum teams to incrementally build and maintain a variety of applications.
GMP is leading an energy transformation and working tirelessly to provide clean, cost-effective energy, and the best possible customer experience we can, while delivering the latest in energy innovations to drive down costs. We are proud to be the first utility in the world to get a B Corp certification, meeting rigorous social, environmental, accountability and transparency standards and committing to use business as a force for good. We have 265,000 residential and commercial customers in Vermont and are looking for that person with the right attitude and grit to be part of a company embracing transformational change.
The ideal candidate will possess experience with the following:
• Experience with modern CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation
• CSS preprocessors such as Less and Sass
• Front-end build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, and Webpack
• At least one backend system such as Node.js or Java
• Writing and consuming REST-based API’s and a solid understanding of HTTP
• SQL databases with a strong preference for Oracle expertise
• Experience with Git/GitHub
The following skills are a plus:
• Java and the Spring Boot framework
• Microservices architectures
• Hybrid app frameworks such as React Native
• AWS, including S3, Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, etc.
• Knowledge of big data systems such as Hadoop
• Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools
• NoSQL databases such as Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.
At least 3 years of progressively advanced experience is required. Demonstrated skills working in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment is also necessary. This position requires strong oral, written and organizational skills, excellent time management skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
Based out of either our Rutland or Colchester locations.