Position Title: Data Integrity Manager
Department: Accounting & Finance
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises Data Integrity Team
Reports To: Controller
Pay Band D | Exempt
Position Description: Responsible for data integrity, item maintenance, category management, vendor funding and merchandising analytics for all products sold in our stores through sound information process flow management. This position works closely with the Merchandising, Marketing, IT, Finance and Operations leadership, collaborating with key stakeholders in decision-making that leads to a better customer experience and desired financial objectives. Drives the tangible and measurable improvement of key data processes. Provides leadership, coaching, mentoring and management in-line with company values, promotes a positive and progressive work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands, models and instills company culture. Communicates a clear vision. Influences, motivates and inspires others. Builds community within and outside of New Seasons Market.
- Delivers exceptional service and demonstrates friendly and attentive behaviors with internal and external customers.
- Embraces and guides others through change and continuous improvement.
- Builds trust and respect through dependability, organization and follow through.
- Communication style is confident, informative, adaptive and effective, utilizing varied methods and active listening skills.
- Understands group dynamics in order to foster a positive and collaborative work environment. Develops strong and engaged teams and internal partnerships.
- Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in problem-solving and is solutions-oriented.
- Utilizes strategic thinking, data and industry knowledge, and calculated risk-taking to create competitive advantage.
- Plans for the future by setting clear and attainable goals.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on needs of department.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and seeks opportunities for professional growth. Seeks and responds positively to feedback.
- Promotes opportunities for the professional growth of others.
- Communicates in a professional and constructive manner. Responds to and follows through on emails and other communications in a timely manner.
- Observes all store rules and policies as listed in the New Seasons Market Staff Handbook, Operations Manual, and any other official NSM document or manual.
- Acts as a steward of company resources and Vision/Mission/Values by modeling and promoting sustainable behaviors/operations.
Position Specific Functions
- Support and manage the use of data and analytics associated with merchandising systems including: Retailix HQ, Category Analyzer, Billback Manager, Aptaris Promo and Event Planner, RTI tag and sign interface, and store receiving modules.
- Collaborate with Product Category Managers to develop and manage data processes related to pricing and assortment, category analytics, base margin targets and promotional investments.
- Manage price zone structure by department. Create guidelines and process that help us meet the needs of each of our communities and achieve sales and profit goals.
- Analyze and Audit retail adjustments, price type, promotional investments and category performance. Provide department summaries to guide merchandising decisions.
- Support the APTARIS promotional management and vendor portal system.
- Lead the implementation of additional systems and tools that assist with data driven decisions around efficiencies and growth.
- Work with the company’s IT department to ensure that product systems are properly maintained and optimized.
- Work closely with store operations regarding price changes, future promotions, tag changes or other processes executed at store level.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Facilities, Sanitation, Work Safety and Food Safety
- Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to all-office cleanliness.
- Maintains equipment; informs department/office management of any problems.
- Reports all safety concerns and work related injuries to management.
Tools and Equipment Used
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: office equipment, computer, printer, and scanner.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related fields or 8 – 10 years equivalent experience required.
- Previous grocery, natural/organic/specialty food industry experience preferred.
- This position requires broad knowledge and extensive working experience with both financial and vendor data
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, with skills to learn new computer programs and systems, Microsoft access skills a plus.
- Proven experience driving and executing strategic initiatives and projects that achieve measurable business results.
- Demonstrated aptitude to work at both a strategic/conceptual level as well as a tactical/implementation level.
- Collaborative, strategic thinker and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ability to respond to urgent job responsibilities as they arise and flexible when priorities redirect.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to collaborate, negotiate and communicate effectively and professionally with cross-functional partners at all levels in the company.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without the benefit of authority.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment around sensitive information.
- Skills to read, understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet needs of the department.
- Ability to travel as needed to store locations, trade shows and other off-site locations throughout the United States.
- Light work level
- Frequently required to sit, walk, reach and grasp.
- Occasionally required to stand, bend, twist and turn, lift and carry 1-20 pounds, lift 21-50 pounds, push and/or pull 1-50 pounds.
- Includes working in an office environment and occasionally in a variety of off-site environments, which may include working in refrigerated areas and on surfaces than can be wet and slippery.
- Typically maintains a moderate noise level.
- Working with exposure to dust, mold, gluten, fragrances and other fumes and airborne particles, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants, and flowers.
- Occasionally working near and using common commercial cleaning agents and chemicals.
Important Notice: The job duties, responsibilities, requirements and conditions, physical requirements and work environment listed in this job description are examples of the tasks that a staff member may be required to perform. New Seasons Market reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.