Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Department: Accounting & Finance
Supervisory Responsibility: Not responsible for supervising others
Reports To: Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Pay Band D | Exempt
Position Description: Responsible for the design, development and delivery of business decision toolsets, reports, and offers key financial insight and analysis to support strategic and business decisions critical to the growth of the business. Responsibilities also include assisting with budgeting, forecasting, and presenting findings, analysis, and recommendations to leaders and key stakeholders throughout the organization. Scope of work and level of responsibility will increase as business needs evolve.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Understands, models and instills company culture. Communicates a clear vision. Influences, motivates and inspires others. Builds community within and outside of New Seasons Market.
* Delivers exceptional service and demonstrates friendly and attentive behaviors with internal and external customers.
* Embraces and guides others through change and continuous improvement.
* Builds trust and respect through dependability, organization and follow through.
* Communication style is confident, informative, adaptive and effective, utilizing varied methods and active listening skills.
* Understands group dynamics in order to foster a positive and collaborative work environment. Develops strong and engaged teams and internal partnerships.
* Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in problem-solving and is solutions-oriented.
* Utilizes strategic thinking, data and industry knowledge, and calculated risk-taking to create competitive advantage.
* Plans for the future by setting clear and attainable goals.
* Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on needs of department.
* Demonstrates self-awareness and seeks opportunities for professional growth. Seeks and responds positively to feedback.
* Promotes opportunities for the professional growth of others.
* Communicates in a professional and constructive manner. Responds to and follows through on emails and other communications in a timely manner.
* Observes all store rules and policies as listed in the New Seasons Market Staff Handbook, Operations Manual, and any other official NSM document or manual.
* Acts as a steward of company resources and Vision/Mission/Values by modeling and promoting sustainable behaviors/operations.
Position Specific Functions
* Designs and develops decision-making toolsets and supports the Finance, Operations and Merchandising functions.
* Provides multi-level management reporting that integrates data from various financial and non-financial systems.
* Performs operational and in-depth analyses on business drivers leading to identification of performance gaps, threats and opportunities.
* Identifies opportunities to consolidate/increase the value of financial information within the organization.
* Updates, automates, and distributes daily, weekly, and monthly financial and operational reports.
* Maintains templates for automated reporting systems.
* Reviews financial reporting systems for data integrity and researches discrepancies.
* Prepares ad hoc financial analyses/models and analytical support as required.
* Manages weekly forecast upload into Oracle PBCS.
* Assists with the technical preparation of the annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts by developing templates, maintaining models, and managing the budget data structures.
* Leads production and dissemination of financial statements and operational finance reports.
* Supports Finance department staff in the identification of the organizational reporting needs and development of solutions.
* Monitors environment to ensure systems are designed and operate with appropriate level of accuracy.
* Serve as primary system administrator for finance-managed applications.
* Manage the architecture and organization of the Finance department’s internal electronic document storage, network and reference materials.
* Provides technical and strategic financial advice and knowledge to others within the organization.
* Leads training related to financial and systems/reporting acumen.
* Assists in preparation of materials for board presentations.
* Creates and maintains policies and procedures regarding reporting, data management and data governance.
* Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Facilities, Sanitation, Work Safety and Food Safety
* Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
* Contributes to all-office cleanliness.
* Maintains equipment; informs department/office management of any problems.
* Reports all safety concerns and work related injuries to management.
Tools and Equipment Used
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: office equipment, computer, printer, and scanner.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
* Minimum of 5 years of experience required.
* Previous work experience in Finance and/or Accounting with focus on reporting and automation required.
* Previous retail experience preferred.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience required.
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and PowerBl with skills to learn new computer programs and systems.
* Advanced skills in MS Excel (Macros, V-Lookups and Coding).
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Solutions, including Financial Reporting Studio.
* Strong experience with relational databases (SQL or Microsoft Access) and automated financial reporting systems.
* Proven experience driving and executing strategic initiatives and projects that achieve measurable business results.
* Demonstrated aptitude to work at both a strategic/conceptual level as well as a tactical/implementation level.
* Collaborative, strategic thinker and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
* Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ability to respond to urgent job responsibilities as they arise and flexible when priorities redirect.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to collaborate, negotiate and communicate effectively and professionally with cross-functional partners at all levels in the company.
* Demonstrated ability to influence others without the benefit of authority.
* Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment around sensitive information.
* Skills to read, understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet needs of the department.
* Light work level
* Frequently required to sit, walk, reach and grasp.
* Occasionally required to stand, bend, twist and turn, lift and carry 1-20 pounds, lift 21-50 pounds, push and/or pull 1-50 pounds.
* Includes working in an office environment and occasionally in a variety of off-site environments, which may include working in refrigerated areas and on surfaces than can be wet and slippery.
* Typically maintains a moderate noise level.
* Working with exposure to dust, mold, gluten, fragrances and other fumes and airborne particles, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants, and flowers.
* Occasionally working near and using common commercial cleaning agents and chemicals.
Important Notice: The job duties, responsibilities, requirements and conditions, physical requirements and work environment listed in this job description are examples of the tasks that a staff member may be required to perform. New Seasons Market reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.