|GENERAL SUMMARY:The Translation specialist is responsible for ensuring high quality content translations including learning activities, learning resources, and media files to support the achievement of LNO business objectives. The translation specialist will support the Translation Manager, driven by volume of work flow, with the management of translation vendors, on-time delivery of translation tasks, and strategic needs of customers. The role will advise and assist development teams on sourcing translation content services as they engage in the design of digital teaching and learning resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the translation of a wide variety of texts including courses, activities, site content, scripts, and training materials.
- Review and validate translations done by translators and freelancers.
- Track internal translation development ensuring that issues are escalated to translation manager when needed.
- Create, contribute to, and maintain the in-house translation terminology and memory database.
- Support the Translation Manager in oversight of translation service providers using agreed-upon criteria to ensure the alignment with LNO business objectives.
- Assist the Translations Manager in the collaborative development of criteria to evaluate potential vendors.
- Investigate new opportunities and leverage solutions in order improve translation efficiency.
- Remain current on policies, procedures, and systems.
- Act as a change agent to improve current procedures and systems.
- Offer assistance to other department needs in the event bandwidth is needed in other areas.
- Work on special projects and perform related duties as assigned.
- Designs workflows and procedures.
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment.
- Evidence of effective and innovative leadership and problem-solving, shown through accountability and superior results.
- Follow established procedures and standard instructions for resolving operational issues with minimal student experience or financial impacts.
- Makes decisions independently, takes responsibility and is accountable.
- Resolves problems that occur on a regular basis and more complex infrequent problems. Uses judgment to assess exceptions.
- Identifies and escalates issues that could potentially impact student experience to the Director in a timely manner.
- Applies advanced analytical toolkit to resolve complex issues.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.
Strong organizational skills and excellent at follow-up and attention to detail.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Extensive knowledge and expertise related to translation theory, memory, standards, and guidelines.
- Practical application of digital teaching and learning of intellectual property and translations services.
- Successful experience in relationship management across a range of partners.
- Lead healthy communications and collaborations internally and externally.
- Demonstrates accountability in all aspects of responsibility.
- Models leadership and professionalism.
- 3+ years of professional work experience preferably in online higher education industry.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field or four or more years’ experience in a similar or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the Translation field.
- English and Spanish language fluency required (written and spoken). Portuguese language knowledge is a plus.
- Proven organizational, facilitation, analytic, project management and presentation skills with an ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- History of developing alliances with translation service providers.
- Familiarity with curriculum development practices.
- Strong communication, facilitation, organizational, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.