Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions. We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
Casper is looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Accounts Payable Clerk to join our growing Finance team in New York City HQ. This person will be a critical part of the team and will report into the Accounts Payable Manager.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Entering invoices into ERP
- Ensuring new vendors are added and maintained in compliance with the Company’s policy
- Monitoring status of purchase orders and invoices in the PO and A/P modules
- Ensuring that invoices are approved in accordance with the Company’s policy
- Ensuring that invoices are correctly coded using the Company’s chart of accounts
- Ensuring that critical vendors are paid on a timely basis
- Assist with payment processing
- Ensuring that all available vendor discounts are taken
- Reconciling vendor statements; researching and correcting discrepancies; responding to vendor inquiries.
- Providing support for Supply Chain vendors
- Monitoring status of T&E reports in the T&E application
- Performing review of all T&E reports to ensure conformity with the T&E policy
- Serve as internal reference for the T&E system
- Coordinating with the GL and Manufacturing accountants during the monthly close process
- Assist with intercompany reconciliation inquiries
- Working with the Accounts Payable Manager to identify improvements and efficiencies in the A/P process as well as Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Participating in the upcoming financial system implementation
- Assisting with the preparation and disbursement of 1099s
- Supporting annual financial statement audit process
Our dream candidate is...
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in accounts payable
- Willingness to extend themselves and assist other people
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Experience and competency working with Excel
- Timely follow-up and follow-through
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!