Walden University is an accredited institution committed to quality higher education, positive social change, and broad access to distance learning. Walden offers graduate degrees at a distance, in education, management and technology, health sciences, and the social and behavioral sciences, as well as online masters and bachelor degree programs. The programs are designed to help students achieve their goals so that, as graduates, they can help advance the lives of others. Students in these programs attend face-to-face residencies held throughout the year at various locations around the United States and abroad. At residencies, students and faculty work together on educational and scholarly activities. This position is located at Walden University’s academic headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, reporting to the Director of Academic Residencies.Duties and Responsibilities
Walden University master’s and doctoral students attend face-to-face sessions held throughout the year at various locations around the United States and internationally. At residencies, students and faculty work together on educational and scholarly activities. An Operations Coordinator for Academic Residencies is responsible for managing multiple projects related to academic residencies and for collaborating with stakeholders across the organization, such as registrar, university operations, product managers, and student support, among others, who are impacted by university residencies. This position plays a key role on the Academic Residencies team to assure successful planning and execution of residencies for a large number of programs with varying residency needs. The Operations Coordinator for Academic Residencies reports to the Director of Academic Residencies.The key responsibilities of this position are:
- Provide day-to-day leadership on critical project issues as they pertain to the successful academic needs of the residencies program.
- Act as the first point of contact for the Academic Residencies team to problem solve issues communicating answers to student issues escalated by SST, AAs and Events staff.
- Act as a liaison between academic residencies and other academic/business offices in the university.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Walden managers/directors to assign staff needed at residencies. Work with managers of student facing teams to develop a continuous training program to ensure quality student response.
- Facilitate and manage multiple projects from development and process design stage through completion.
- Collaborate with events team on status of residency equipment and build annual requests for repair and replacement of new equipment
- Proficient in multiple software products and modes of online learning, including social networking, synchronous collaborative meetings software, and course management systems to support needs of Academic Residencies for multiple degree programs.
- Provide oversight of content related to written communications produced by residencies, event staff, and others (program books, emails assignment letters, website, and evaluation reports) to maintain consistency with residency program needs.
- Coordinate and manage all content for use in Academic Residency publications
- Coordinate data for Registrar's Office to build courses and provide oversight for the unit to deliver online registration of residencies to students.
- Provide leadership for Academic Residencies in the utilization of event management software (Cvent).
- Manages and updates the academic content of the Residency Website
- Process petition forms and documentation as supplied by Academic Advising team to determine refunds and the posting of Academic Residency units to transcript.
- Manage learning management system classroom environments and serve as liaison to Events Team to ensure classrooms are consistent in format and content.
- Bachelor's degree required., Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with cross-cultural sensitivity; ability to work with students and scholars from diverse cultural backgrounds
- A strong commitment to being a team member of a comprehensive international education services center, along with demonstrated the ability to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to function independently, be motivated, and show good judgment in leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong internal initiative with ability to independently complete, review and report on work tasks.
- Excellent project management, organizational and time management skills and experience determining priorities effectively while adhering to deadlines is necessary.
- Detail oriented with solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse faculty, adult students, and staff in varying levels of responsibility and expertise.
- Technical knowledge and aptitude in database management, programs, tools and technology preferred as well as experience running data processing systems.
- Ability and willingness to travel to residency locations, both nationally and
internationally, as needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and Internet navigation, Learning Management Systems (preferably Blackboard).