Hello. We’re Fiasco, a small batch and wholesale artisan gelatiere located in Calgary, Alberta.
We’re doing our best to get back to the way things used to be…simple, honest and filled with passion. Join us in our pursuit to make the world a better place, one tiny spoonful at a time! ~ Team Fiasco
Fiasco Gelato is looking to add some more amazing people to our all-star roster as we continue to grow. We have built the company through our connection to our customers and community and BIG things are on the horizon!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide decision making in production and logistics pods
- Assessing and assist in implementing processes to maintain optimum inventory levels
- Assisting the business to ensure our shipping and receiving are timely, efficient and compliant with respect to the regulations of partners involved
- Advise departments of the status of work in progress and any potential production problems, and provide solutions/alternative scheduling options
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules and other records/reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Identifying improvement opportunities to strengthen procedures and adapt to changes in the business environment.
- Evaluating and analyzing various supply chain opportunities from a cost/benefit perspective as well as engaging in assessment of business activities and development of strategies to improve freight and process effectiveness.
- Change Management & Business process optimization- plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control
- Assist with operational improvements via root cause analysis, solution assessment and recommendations
- Utilize data analysis and report tools to forecast materials and labour required for production
- Demand planning and purchasing
We would love it if you:
- A university degree in business management, logistics, operations management or related education
- 2-5 years of experience with planning, analysis, customs compliance, and logistics
- A Strong Analytic skill set with the ability to provide actionable recommendations based on key performance indicators
- Value strong teamwork; able to effectively participate and motivate others working within a team environment as well as work well individually
- Are self-directed and a “go- getter”
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to present to all levels within the organization as well as customers
- Should be goal oriented, confident, outgoing, and able to succeed under pressure within a competitive environment
- Able to adapt to new technology- GSuite, Slack, Weekdone etc.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel. Desired knowledge includes pivot tables, vlookups, ifs (sumif, averageif, etc.), chart and graph creation, etc.
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office suite software: Word, PowerPoint
- High level of organization
- Get in on building the next big thing and have a chance to grow your career as we grow a legendary company!
- Tickets to some of Calgary’s best festivals, concerts and conferences
- All the gelato you can eat, we take quality seriously, so seriously we’re willing to taste test every batch.
- Weekly employee pint of gelato or sorbetto to share with your friends and family
- Profit sharing program
- Team lunch everyday and snacks for days
- Personal development fund
- Beer o'clock
- Giving gang
- and we're just getting started!
We’re a very close knit team and we do awesome all the time which means our standards are high. Think you have what it takes to be a part of our team?
Send us your resume and a cover letter that answers:
1. What value you would bring to our team? (other than being positive, we consider that price of admission)
2. What is your favorite brand/company and WHY?
3. Why do you want to work for us?
4. What makes you weird?
PLEASE NOTE: Your resume will not be reviewed unless you send a cover letter answering the questions above!!