GENERAL SUMMARY:Laureate Education is seeking an experienced Senior IT SOX Compliance Analyst to work with the SOX Compliance team in Baltimore, MD. This position will interact regularly with IT and finance leadership to provide technical SOX guidance/support. The position will participate with scoping, development and implementation of global and regional IT SOX compliance processes, lead quarterly access reviews and develop and conduct SOX compliance training. This position will also be responsible for conducting SOX Compliance readiness reviews within a specified region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will work with IT process owners to perform walkthroughs of IT control documentation to ensure completeness, properly supported, controls are performed as documented, and verify that the controls address the relevant IT SOX risks
- Identify process inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review of IT policies vs. processes, and procedures developed by IT Teams
- Monitor remediation plans and assist IT process owners to ensure said plans are on track for completion enterprise-wide
- Reviews existing IT compliance controls for regulatory updates and creates communication learning program for the IT Teams as necessary to incorporate new requirements
- Will develop a compliance and gap analysis process for new IT organizations to help them comply with audit requirements
- Will work with Internal Control and Internal Audit to develop and maintain various internal and external audit and compliance schedules for Information Technology (IT)
- Applies COBIT5, COSO, ITILv3, Agile frameworks to remediation efforts; provides guidance to IT Compliance Director and Regional Managers in reengineering of processes and procedures in need of remediation
- Will serve as liaison with Internal Audit as well as with auditors to facilitate the auditing process.
- Participates in the design of compliance programs to ensure ongoing evaluation and validation of IT control effectiveness; perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of work experience in IT Audit, Compliance and/or Public Accounting. Experience in a large accounting firm with SEC Clients preferred
- Knowledge and experience in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT General Controls regulation is required
- Knowledge of other privacy, PCI & FERPA regulations desired
- Multiple language skills preferred: Spanish, Portuguese, English
- Knowledge of process improvement and project management methodologies
- Effectively influences and guides others across various organizational structures using strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with multinational teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Ability to decipher and apply knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under time constraints
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment including multi-level staff and external partners