DevOps Engineer job in Los Angeles
The Honest Company is dedicated to helping people live a happy and healthy life. Founded in 2012, we're a mission-driven company providing 100+ safe, effective, and delightful products across a wide range of consumer categories, including baby, personal care, beauty, home care, and vitamins & supplements, to a passionate community of consumers united by values and style. Honest products are available across the U.S. via honest.com and honestbeauty.com and at more than 15,000 retail locations across North America. The Honest Company is privately held and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
As engineers for The Honest Company, it’s our job to ensure a seamlessly delightful e-commerce experience for all customers and to achieve Honest’s mission of delivering safe, eco-friendly, beautiful and affordable products across the U.S.A. and Canada. We work behind the scenes, connecting the dots to drive the success of Honest as a whole, and we have an awesome time doing it. We're currently looking for someone with experience as a DevOps Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining The Honest Company's cloud infrastructure and automation tools. You’ll oversee day-to-day operations and support the Engineering team with infrastructure & automation best practices.
What you’ll do:
- Design and perform system management, database management, configuration management, deep troubleshooting, preventative and corrective maintenance, and performance monitoring and enhancement
- Provide comprehensive management for an AWS based infrastructure built with Ubuntu/Centos Linux systems, Postgres/MySQL/MongoDB database, and RabbitMQ message queue system
- Work with QA to coordinate tests of new software and systems
- Plan and define the requirements for off-hour systems maintenance work
- Oversee change management activities on the supported systems
- Define and implement security controls and capabilities in operating systems, layered products, and specialty software to achieve security goals
- Develop operations procedures, such as backups and recovery processes
- Install, configure, and manage Ubuntu/CentOS Linux systems with Infrastructure as Code Automation
- Assist business users and developers with the setup, installation, and testing of their applications
- Interface with users and developers in order to resolve technical and user problems and improve upon CI/CD pipelines
You'll love this job if you're:
- Highly analytical and strategic. Your problem solving skills are impressive and unparalleled
- You thrive in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of cloud infrastructure operations on CentOS/Amazon Linux and Ubuntu Server
- Infrastructure automation experience (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (OpsWorks, EC2, VPC, Route 53, VPN, S3, ElastiCache)
- Proficiency with Cassandra (replication), MySQL (replication), Postgres, or MongoDB (replica set) setup and administration (Oracle is a plus)
- Strong scripting abilities (Ruby, Python, BASH)
- Experience with SCM (Git) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
- Monitoring experience (Nagios, Datadog, New Relic, Panopta)
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor's degree
- Docker Orchestration and Management
- RabbitMQ (cluster) setup and administration