Industrial Design Summer Internship job
Vacancy has expired
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We spend a huge amount of time and effort to develop very considered and uniquely wonderful products and experiences. Casper is looking for someone who wants to help build our brand vision by crafting classic, beautiful objects with great form and function.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
Casper Summer Internship program runs June 11 - August 17, 2018.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
Support the product development team at all stages of the process: brainstorming and sketching, consumer research, prototyping, product testing, 3D CAD modeling, renderings and detailed design drawings.
Our dream candidate is...
- Completed Junior or Senior year in undergraduate ID program
- Proficiency in 3D modeling (Solidworks or Rhino preferred) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Prior work or internship experience a plus
- You're both highly creative and practical; your designs are both beautiful and
- You are passionate about creating delightful moments across the entire use
- experience, including packaging
- You think through building; you're as comfortable building physical prototypes as you
- are working in 3D CAD
- You have a great design sensibility and basic graphic design skills
- You are extremely thoughtful and have great attention to detail
The syrup on your waffles
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (kombucha on tap anyone?)