Visual Design, Retail Experience Summer Internship job in New York City
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we are obsessed about creating a world class experience for customers--designing the way people interact with our brand through online and offline experiences. Our environments design team is seeking a Visual Design intern to develop graphics and communication design for retail experiences ranging from showrooms to pop-ups to experiential activations.
This Visual Designer role will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will interact with cross-functional partners to ensure that Casper's brand experience in physical spaces is continuously elevated. The position reports directly to the Director of Environments Design based in New York.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
Casper Summer Internship program runs June 11 - August 17, 2018.
When you're not catching zzz's, this is what you'll do
- Work closely with the environments design team to bring our visual language to life in physical spaces through window displays, super graphics, signage, collateral, and wayfinding systems. Physical spaces will include in-store installations and displays, as well as temporary events and activations.
- Collaborate with other designers, copywriters to develop the holistic customer experience.
Our dream candidate has...
- A current undergraduate student
- Overall we are looking for someone who is a natural storyteller and passionate about both brand and user experience. Conceptual thinking, strong typographic and illustration skills are highly desired.
- Knowledge of typography and grid systems
- Online portfolio that features a strong mix of branding, typographic, environmental & self-initiated work
- Comfortable sketching out ideas by hand
- Strong Adobe skills
- Ability to render in 3D is a plus
The syrup on your waffles
- Free snacks and coffee
- Catered lunch twice a week
- Monthly rooftop social hour
- ...and much more!
If you dream about this stuff this internship is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!