Head of Communications job in Santa Monica
Beautycounter is a disruptive beauty brand that creates and sells safer, high-performing skin care and color cosmetic products. Our mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We work toward this mission by creating best-in-class products with ingredients that have passed our rigorous ingredient selection process. We also work on market and policy initiatives to raise the bar of safety for the entire cosmetics industry. We pride ourselves on our commitment to transparency.
As our Head of Communications, you will be tasked with leading, designing and building Beautycounter’s external/internal communication efforts by bringing our story to life. You will be responsible for the creation and execution of communications and stakeholder management strategies that support the company’s vision, culture, business plans and brand identity. This position translates these strategies into clear, consistent, and effective messaging for all internal and external company stakeholders.
- Be Beautycounter’s “voice” across all communications, written and verbal, and across company leadership.
- Drive the development and execution of a comprehensive internal employee communications strategy.
- Develop strategy and execute communications content plans for priority issue areas for the company; determine the messaging, best content, channels and overall ways to connect with target audiences; provide guidance to writers and multi-media creators; oversee distribution of content.
- Ensure all content being created is aligned with company goals and optimized for targeted messaging and distribution.
- Ensure all outbound information is to the required standard, on-brand and approved.
- Work closely with all department heads on key initiatives including new products and promotional events.
- Creates a long-term communications strategy and plan that proactively supports vision, culture, brand.
- Creates a long-term stakeholder management strategy and plan that directs activities that promote company visibility, maintain and build a strong company reputation, and increase public awareness that results in keeping BC top of mind and in good standing with our stakeholders.
- Creates an employee communications strategy that ensures employees understand and support of the company’s core values, culture, policies and key business.
- Provides guidance and counsel to senior leadership on critical communication issues; works closely with senior leadership to anticipate and respond to urgent communication issues; develops and implements a proactive and reactive crisis communications plan that manages a wide range of issues and potential risks.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12+ years of corporate communications experience within both an agency and corporation
- Strong project management skills (e.g., managing budgets and plan rollouts)
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively both orally and in writing
- Thrives under pressure and can handle multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Highly collaborative across various functions and team members
- Can mobilize, motivate teams.
- Can anticipate client and team needs and instill confidence in clients and colleagues.
- Is adept at solving problems and resolving conflicts.
- Pays close attention to detail and quality.
- Exercises exceptional judgment when working with team members, clients and vendors.