Part-time Marketing Manager job in San Diego
Vacancy has expired
i.d.e.a. is an integrated creative marketing agency and certified B Corp in San Diego. We work with prominent clients providing branding, advertising, public relations, social media, design and digital services. We create powerful ideas that get our clients noticed, shared and talked about.
We are currently looking for a part-time Marketing Manager with solid marketing, PR social media experience. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of advertising, public/media relations, corporate communications, social media management and content creation for the purpose of propelling our company platform forward and reaching key target audiences.
The Marketing Manager role is a part-time position (approximately 25 hours per week) with the possibility of transitioning into a full-time role. This position reports into the Director of PR and Social Media. Responsibilities include:
• Execute the agency’s Marketing Strategy and help develop content and press materials to grow i.d.e.a.’s footprint via social media, media relations, awards recognition, industry exposure, etc.
• Manage the agency’s presence on key social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Identify and nominate agency leaders for relevant speaking engagements and guest blogging/op-ed opportunities
• Assist with media outreach to pitch company news, campaign launches and other initiatives to marketing trade and consumer media outlets
• Collaborate with company executives to craft and pitch stories, draft blog posts and create other thought leadership assets
• Oversee and contribute to the company blog on a regular basis
• Compile and distribute monthly newsletter to agency’s internal e-mail database
• Manage submission process for national and regional industry awards spanning creative, advertising, marketing, media and public relations disciplines
• Compile monthly marketing reports and provide analysis of agency objectives and KPIs
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
• Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills
• Strong copywriting and editing skills
• Solid experience of managing and growing social media communities
• Knowledge of email marketing best practices
• Knowledge of PR and media relations processes
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or equivalent working experience
• A minimum of 3+ years experience in marketing, public relations, corporate communications, content marketing and/or relationship marketing
• Prior agency and/or project management experience is preferred