Outreach and Marketing Coordinator job in Baltimore
You’re someone fresh out of school, eager to find fulfilling and meaningful work. Or, you’ve worked in sales for a couple of years, and are looking for an organization that will truly let you embrace your passion for making connections and being socially active. But more than that, you want your work to benefit your community, your city, and the planet.
We’re Neighborhood Sun, and we have the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
We’re a mission-oriented start-up aiming to revolutionize the solar power industry by providing everyone with access to clean and affordable solar power, without the need to purchase or install expensive solar equipment.
We’re also a certified B-Corp, meaning we’ve met the most rigorous standards of social and environmental performance – we believe that business can be a force for good in world, which is why we’re committed to serving our customers, employees, communities, and the planet.
Outreach and Marketing Coordinator
Your primary goal will be to reach out prospective residential customers to subscribe to large, community solar projects to get a portion of that power. You will seek to identify and target our ideal customer base, but also be creative in finding other avenues and demographics. You’ll work to meet your individual and company-wide targets, by signing up private home-owners, as well as partnerships with businesses and NGO’s.
This not just a typical sales role. This is a role for someone who is highly self-motivated, driven to succeed, and eager to meaningfully connect with customers every single day, showing them why going solar will benefit them and the world. Whether you’re working at trade shows, expanding your network, or finding creative new ways to reach our ideal client base, you do what it takes to consistently find better ways to spread our reach and grow our customers.
You also have a great, positive attitude towards life and work. You put the success of the company above your own because you understand that when the company succeeds, everyone succeeds. You know that relationships are at the heart of success, and pride yourself on being able to build rapport and trust with everyone you talk too.
Your success in this role will be critical to the success of the company. We need people who are capable of learning quickly, taking challenges head on, and don’t need a lot of time to ramp up.
You’ll excel in this role if you are:
- Personable – not only do your customers love you, but you’re a great team player. You’re bright, energetic, and positive, and you make personal connections with ease.
- Resourceful – whether you’re spending time with our product manuals or researching potential clients and leads, you’re not afraid to put in the work to succeed. You’re creative in your approach to sales and outreach, and constantly seek new opportunities.
- Driven – You’re driven to succeed, believe in the company’s vision and goals, and dive in to make an immediate impact. You have a deep desire for success, leave no stone unturned, and are not afraid to try, fail, and try again.
It goes without saying that you should also be an exceptional communicator and relationship builder. Clients are drawn to your personality, and you earn their trust through your competence and instinctive understanding of their needs.
Working at Neighborhood Sun
This is a full-time, permanent position working Monday to Friday – you’ll work core business hours, but should be flexible to know that when you have the opportunity to close a sale, you do what needs to be done. There will also be some weekend work. We offer an attractive compensation package that includes base salary plus bonus structure, with total first year earnings of $50,000 or more. We also offer green benefits, health insurance, parking and metro coverage, as well as 15 personal days/year.
We encourage all our employees to take ownership over their roles as well as the opportunity to fail forward. We’re passionate about providing an inclusive atmosphere that let’s everyone’s voice be heard, and provides opportunities for professional and personal growth.
If you’re passionate about the planet, about serving your community, and have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you.
- Previous experience in a B2B or B2C sales role
- Experience in a customer service or outreach role
- Experience working as an organizer, campaigner, or event coordinator with an NGO, non-profit, or political party
- Prior experience in green energy is an asset
- Experience working for a start-up is an asset
- A valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Willingness and ability to travel locally on a daily basis
- A university degree or college diploma is an asset
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.