Brand Ambassador - San Diego job in San Francisco
Position Title: Brand Ambassador
Reports to: Inside Sales Coordinator
Status: Part Time (8-10 hours per week)
Rate: $20/ hour
Who We Are:
We are passionate about bringing delicious foods from around the world to conscious consumers here in North America and Australia. We do this in the most sustainable way, directly working with farmers in different regions of the globe, and taking into account our impact on every step of the supply chain. Our certified “green” office is located in the Dogpatch in San Francisco, one of the burgeoning foodie neighborhoods in the foodie capital! In the past years, Alter Eco has experienced tremendous growth, and we are proud to be one of the newly established public benefit corporations in the USA.
Who You Are:
To join our team, you love food, specifically, artisanal, world-traveling, organic, fair trade and carbon neutral whole foods that create authentic, high-quality eating experiences. You are passionate about sustainability, fair trade and triple bottom line business. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and you are detail-oriented, dynamic, and can multi-task efficiently.
Alter Eco is looking for a brand ambassador to perform product demos in grocery stores and at events around the country. Our main target markets are San Francisco/Bay Area, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Denver, Austin and Chicago.
- Scheduling demos directly with grocery stores
- Driving to stores, setting up the demo table
- Sampling the product (usually 3-4 hour demos) – Demo will be Coconut Clusters or Chocolate bars and truffles.
- Seasonal event support: engage with customers and help tell the story of Alter Eco and our products. Provide support sampling and selling products – additional ~8h/event on an as needed basis (our busy season for events is around the holidays)
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- You’re dynamic, outgoing, and aren’t afraid to interact with people you don’t know.
- You have great customer service experience and skills.
- Prior promotional demo experience is a plus!
- Must be able to work weekends, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and can commit to a minimum of 8 hrs a week. Days and hours will vary.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle to transport equipment and travel to different events.
- You are 18 years or older.
- You are responsible, organized and reliable.
- You love food, specifically, organic, fair trade and whole foods that create authentic, high-quality eating experiences
ABOUT ALTER ECO:
Alter Eco is a pioneer of fair trade and organic enlightened indulgence. All Alter Eco products are USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, Carbon Neutral Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Gluten-Free (excluding Dark Salt & Malt Organic Chocolate). Recognized as a top certified Benefit Corporation and one of the first registered Public Benefit Corporations, Alter Eco is dedicated to full-circle sustainability throughout its operations and supply chain through four pillars: sourcing using Fair Trade principles, producing of only organic and non-GMO foods, creating minimal waste by working towards 100 percent compostable packaging, and in-setting carbon emissions by means of large-scale reforestation programs in the cooperatives that produce its crops. These principals are entwined with Alter Eco’s commitment to the highest quality ingredients and taste in all its products. More information is available at www.alterecofoods.com. Follow Alter Eco via Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and Instagram.