Mid-Senior Graphic Designer job in Fitzroy
Vacancy has expired
Are you a visual storyteller who lives and breathes good design and wants to help us spread our brand look and feel across the world in the right way?
IN A NUTSHELL...
At Bellroy, we pour our heart, soul and many design hours into helping people move with simplicity and ease. As we continue to grow and spread our reach into further corners of the globe (both digitally and physically), we’re looking for a mid-senior graphic designer to help define what that looks like – literally. You’ll be valuable in making sure the Bellroy brand is shining brightly (and cohesively) across print and retail channels, as well as supporting our digital content creation. A bit like a chef. Fusing flavours but making sure the entire menu works as one. (Because no one goes to a Thai restaurant for spaghetti bolognese).
Working with our Creative Director, you’ll art direct photo shoots, work with our product designers to help create compelling product packaging and be critical in maintaining Bellroy’s visual standards in store. You’ll work as part of a conceptual team to dream up new directions for our campaigns, then execute the creative to ensure it’s in line with the creative strategy, with a touch of spontaneity when it feels right.
You’ll learn from previous product releases and campaigns, working with the wider team to build your understanding of what works best, and why. You'll work with our digital marketing team to look at what sort of imagery triggers the most engagement or which ad concepts or newsletters perform the best. You’ll work with our sales team to continue improving our instore experience – from the packaging you create to the point of sale that supports it.
If you bring your fine-tuned eye, your conceptual brain and your desire to learn, we’ll offer a world-class team to bounce off, the tools needed to do your thing and the support to help you flourish.
YOU MIGHT BE THE ONE, IF...
You’re a passionate creative who eats, breathes and dreams design. Communicating through imagery is your feast, exploring the mediums on which to deliver it is dessert. From advertising campaigns to in-store displays, illustration to typography, packaging to paper stocks, you believe in the power of a great idea and the impact design can have on the senses. You’re a tastemaker (not literally, despite all the accidental food references), spotting cultural shifts and emerging trends before they hit the masses.
IF YOU WERE OUR MID-SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER, HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS YOU WOULD DO:
- Create a set of visual merchandising guidelines to help our global partners communicate the Bellroy brand in store in a cohesive and effective way
- Conceptualise photographic approaches in response to a brief from our Creative Director, complete with project planning, location scouting, talent selection, art direction on the day and post production
- Work with our interior design agency and sales teams to take the strength of Bellroy’s digital experiences and apply them to a physical retail environment. From designing shop-in-shops to trade shows, POS kits to windows
- Collaborate within the creative team to take campaigns from their initial strategy and briefing stage, through to their release across a variety of channels
- Work with our Storyteller to create branded content for our various publishing networks. From our Journal to social channels, range guide to retail
- Travelling to our Bells Beach office to work with our product design team on some new packaging that attracts customers in store, and at the same time gives a beautiful unboxing experience for online customers
THERE ARE SOME SKILLS AND STRENGTHS YOU MUST POSSESS...
- 4+ years of professional design experience
- Degree in Visual Communication/Graphic Design or similar
- Astute knowledge of the printing and production processes, and a keen desire to test physical prototypes
- Ninja-level skills in Adobe – Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead projects from start to finish
- Experience working for retail brands in the past is a bonus
- An open mind, lots of curiosity and the willingness to problem solve
LOCATION AND HOURS
This role is full-time and based in our Fitzroy office.
HOW TO APPLY
Have a good look around our website, read Our Story page and get a feel for who we are. If you think you'd fit right in, visit this link: https://grnh.se/nlukjfi81 or check out the careers page on www.bellroy.com and send us your resume, a one paragraph elevator pitch, a link to your portfolio and answers to these questions (no more than 300 words per question):
- Name three brands that have influenced your work, and tell us why/how?
- We have a new product launching and need to create a set of ads to support it. Describe the creative process you'd go through.
- Have you ever received criticism on a piece of work, and if so, what did you do with the feedback?
- How do you measure the success of your work?
START DATE: We're ready when you are!