Operations Manager/Director of Operations job in Chico
ChicoEco, Inc., home of ChicoBag and To-Go Ware, is helping humanity bag the single-use habit. Our vision is to create an awareness and start positive conversations that connect people in solving the single-use waste problem. We are seeking a Director of Operations/Operations Manager to join our team in beautiful Chico, CA.
As a mission-driven company, we come to work each day with purpose. We offer a wide range of benefits and a healthy work-life balance. A can-do attitude and high level of leadership are essential to success. If solving problems, managing operations, and driving programs from concept to completion gets you excited, this job may be for you.
This person will work closely with the President, Sales Manager and Marketing Manager to fulfill the company mission.
- 5-7 Years of experience in Operations Management
- Experience with enterprise software solutions and large, complex organizations.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Experience with purchasing, production planning, packaging, quality, continuous improvement, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of safety, quality, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive teams and company morale.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Google Apps, Salesforce or other CRM and ERP systems.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organizations.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Persuasive with details and facts.
- Commitment to social justice and the mission.
- Well organized, analytical and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects with competing deadlines.
- Self-starter that can prioritize and work independently and within a team.
- A can-do attitude, desire to learn and ability to diagnose and solve problems.
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced environment.
- 2-9 weeks of International/Domestic travel required per year.
Role and Responsibilities
- Strategy and Leadership
- A key member of the leadership team with the ability to see the big picture and formulate strategies to produce business success.
- Well rounded, business savvy, fair and personable leader with a passion for developing relationships and working through tough issues.
- Ability to build and nurture win-win-win relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ethical, fair, transparent and possesses a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Forecasting and Procurement
- Understanding of forecasting methodologies and ability to maintain a production and delivery schedule that meets the needs of the company.
- Active management and processing of production orders to ensure timely delivery of quality product to the customer.
- Ability to work cohesively with local and international contractors and manufacturing facilities.
- Responsible for relationship building and contract negotiation.
- Build a strong and transparent relationship with vendors.
- Provide sourcing partners with a rating at least twice a year and organize outside audits for all manufacturing partners.
- Warehousing and Logistics
- Maintain product inventory levels, fulfillment process, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for assessing, acquiring and developing all systems related to the distribution process, including automation, scanning, and tracking.
- Management of data related to warehousing and distribution.
- Strong analytical abilities and excellent computer skills.
- Ability to understand and manage international and domestic logistics.
- Implement an effective warehouse solution for International sales.
- Internal Operations and Maintenance
- Responsible for the overall process from sales order to delivery and customer satisfaction including systems, workflows, software, process, policy, and people.
- Ability to design and implement systems to ensure efficient and accurate order processing and fulfillment.
- Facility management.
- Quality, Compliance, and Testing
- Overall responsibility to ensure the manufacturing process is running smoothly, and that the product and manufacturing facilities are up to all safety standards and in compliance with OSHA, quality and environmental standards.
- Understanding of relevant testing and certifications for CPG, including but not limited to ISO, FLA, ASTM, CPSC, etc.