Accounts Payable CoordinatorAccounts Payable Coordinator job in Vancouver
Vacancy has expired
The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a full-time, permanent Accounts Payable Coordinator based out of our Vancouver, BC head office (1660 E Hastings Street).
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
What you'll do:
- Verify, process and allocate vendor invoices, including PO matching.
- Review and process employee expense reports.
- Assign appropriate general ledger accounts and department codes to invoices and expense reports.
- Ensure all invoice and employee expense reports are appropriately approved in accordance with the Company policy.
- Prepare and process weekly cheque runs and credit card payments.
- Reconcile vendor statements, ensuring all discrepancies on statement/invoices have been resolved prior to issuing payment.
- Ensure accuracy of the AP aging.
- Prepare month end accruals and related account reconciliations.
- Organize and maintain an effective filing system for A/P (both paper & paperless).
- Maintain new and existing vendor information, including preparation of new vendor credit applications.
- Liaise with other departments and locations to ensure invoices and expenses are approved and submitted within the deadlines.
- Respond to external and internal inquiries in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Finance team to ensure flow of information.
- Assist the Finance team during annual audits and quarterly reviews by external auditors.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as required.
- Provide administrative support to the Finance Department.
Our compensation package consists of
- An annual salary, paid bi-weekly
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca
- Extended Health Care Benefits (after 90 days) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more!
- Two weeks' vacation for one year of employment (4% accrual)
What you'll need
- Completion or current enrollment in an accounting diploma program or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of hands on experience in high volume accounts payable environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office - particularly Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly adaptable to change management and work well under pressure.
- Organized, accurate, detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must possess a can-do attitude and willingness to assist others.
- Experience in using accounting software or ERP system is an asset.
The SPUD family of companies includes:
- SPUD.CA (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery)- residential and office deliveries in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Edmonton
- Be Fresh- 5 market/cafes within the city of Vancouver, and our Be Fresh commissary services
- Blush Lane Organic Market- 4 markets, and a Farmer’s Market location in Calgary and Edmonton
- The Juice Box- healthy (and delicious!) fresh pressed juices and nut milks
Applications for all companies, except for Blush Lane Organics, are centralized through the SPUD Careers site. To apply for Blush Lane please see their Careers site.
Our values include:
- Fight to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
- Have Passion for Sustainable Food
- Be Open to the Perspective of Others
- Learn, Grow & Win as a Team
- Be Scrappy and Own It
- Find the Fun Together
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring practices.