Outbound ManagerOutbound Manager job in Vancouver
Vacancy has expired
The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a full-time, permanent Outbound Manager based out of our Vancouver, BC Hastings warehouse (1660 E Hastings Street). This shift is Monday- Friday 7:00 am- 3:30 pm.
What you’ll do
The Outbound Manager oversees the daily operations of the pack line. Managing a team of up to 100 reports, they are responsible for planning the activities of the team, coaching for performance, providing support and assistance, and developing future leaders. Reporting to the Sr. Operations Manager, and working in coordination with other Leadership Team members and other departmental leaders, the Outbound Manager is responsible for championing an industry leading customer experience, while minimizing operational costs, creating an engaging work culture and developing a road plan for ongoing innovation.
- Lead with compassion, positivity and empathy, while ensuring that team members respect their peers and the requirements of their positions.
- Engage and develop your direct team through coaching, support and regular feedback.
- Provide instruction and support to your direct team of warehouse team leaders and supervisors.
- Plan and coordinate all pack line activities.
- Prepare for and conduct daily team huddles and other communication touchpoints
- Monitor and report on pack line KPIs. Develop concrete plans for ongoing improvement.
- Manage the pack line labour budget, with a focus on ongoing cost reduction.
- Improve warehouse space utilization, day-to-day facility function, and general supply management, with an eye towards maximizing cost efficiency.
- Assist with labour relations for a team of up to 100 employees, including recruitment, onboarding, disciplinary action, grievance resolution and general employee assistance.
- Support the OH&S committee in promoting a safe work environment.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance of and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Challenge all current practices. Develop and execute plans for continuous improvements in efficiency and customer experience.
- Represent warehouse interests in cross-functional initiatives.
- Foster strong inter-departmental communication practices and embrace the internal service role of the Operations Team.
- Assist the Sr. Operations Manager & VP Supply Chain in developing & executing overall Operations Team strategy.
- Seek out and engage in opportunities to further personal leadership development.
- Other duties as assigned.
How your success will be measured
- Pack line performance KPIs
- Labour cost (% of gross revenue)
- Team engagement & development
- Customer Net Promoter Scores
- Warehouse safety record
What you'll need
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline an asset.
- Experience in Operations Management (warehousing, distribution, inventory control, human resources).
- Proven ability to problem-solve and think creatively to develop unique and effective solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to cultivate an engaging team culture
- Desire to actively innovate, change and improve processes on a daily basis.
The SPUD family of companies includes:
• SPUD.CA (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery)- residential and office deliveries in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Edmonton
• Be Fresh- 5 market/cafes within the city of Vancouver, and our Be Fresh commissary services
• Blush Lane Organic Market- 4 markets, and a Farmer’s Market location in Calgary and Edmonton
• The Juice Box- healthy (and delicious!) fresh pressed juices and nut milks
Applications for all companies, except for Blush Lane Organics, are centralized through the SPUD Careers site. To apply for Blush Lane please see their Careers site.
Our values include:
• Fight to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
• Have Passion for Sustainable Food
• Be Open to the Perspective of Others
• Learn, Grow & Win as a Team
• Be Scrappy and Own It
• Find the Fun Together
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring practices.