Holistic Nutritionist (Contractor)Holistic Nutritionist (Contractor) job in Vancouver
Would you like to be a part of a growing and dedicated team who work to provide sustainable solutions in our own communities? SPUD (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery) was created by and grown with passion, grit, and a vision of how business and local partnerships ought to be. Plus, it helps that we get to work with delicious and organic food all day. Channel your own passion and take your career to the next level by joining one of our talented teams!
SPUD.ca is looking for Holistic Nutritionist for our Vancouver, BC team. This is a contract-based position, 20-30 hours per month.
We are growing, so based on performance, there may be an opportunity to increase hours
What you'll do
- Deliver lunch & learn presentations to corporate clients, or other community-based organizations (10-50 people).
- Work closely with SPUD’s AMAZING business development team, as the link between corporate clients and SPUD.
- Manage all lunch & learns, from contacting corporate clients, planning the event, securing all materials & equipment, set-up, present, and take-down.
- Use your knowledge and creativity to spice up some of our presentation content!
- $20 per hour
What you'll need
- Registered Holistic Nutritionist preferred.
- A background in nutrition.
- A passion for nutrition, organic food, supporting local, and sustainability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver a motivating and educational presentation with enthusiasm and authenticity!
- A flexible schedule to accommodate 20-30 hours per month, with open availability for lunch & learn presentations.
- Must have a vehicle, and valid Driver’s License.
- Outgoing, with the ability to connect to people, and be a champion for the SPUD local food movement!
- Ability to work as a resourceful self-starter, managing your own hours.
SPUD is more than just an online grocery company; we have a deep passion for local and organic foods and have set out on a journey to support healthy families. We are entrepreneurial, humble, have a resilient drive to succeed and we really love our customers.
Our local food movement involves delivering local and organic groceries to homes and offices with four Western Canadian locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver. In each location, we hire locally, buy locally, and deliver locally. We work to simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, staff, suppliers and community partners. We strive to provide meaningful work, competitive compensation, and other opportunities for our employees to share in the success of the company.
Our Core Values:
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
- Have a Passion for Sustainable Food
- Be Open to the Perspective of Others
- Learn, Grow and Win as a Team
- Be Scrappy and Own It
- Find the Fun Together
SPUD.ca is a certified B Corporation who is committed to solving social and environmental problems. Some of these efforts involve the following five things we do:
- We package our items in reusable bins to eliminate unnecessary packaging.
- We recycle, and help you recycle too.
- We work to reduce food waste and compost.
- We buy local products and list food miles.
- We have a strict Sustainable Purchasing Policy for all of our food.
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer.