Residential Construction Project Manager job in Seattle
Construction Project Manager (Seattle)
We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a growing residential construction company. We specialize in the construction of Seattle & Portland homes with an emphasis on value, innovation, beauty, and energy efficiency.
Who we are:
Green Canopy Homes is an urban home builder with offices in Seattle and Portland. We are a team of top-talent real estate, design, and building professionals with a commitment to corporate, social, and environmental responsibility. We are a values-led organization with a staff that forges ahead with purpose. Our corporate culture is built on respect, trust, and love for one another, our children and future generations, and the planet. Our mission is to inspire resource efficiency in residential markets.
What we do:
Our team is dedicated to building sustainable and resilient communities from the inside out. We focus on transforming the residential real estate market so that environmental sustainability and resource efficiency are the norm. We do this through the design and construction of residential projects, impact investing, and education.
Who we are looking for:
Green Canopy Homes is seeking an organized and efficient residential construction project manager with a passion for the environment and building homes on time and on budget. The right candidate with have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ residential project management experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading and interpreting architectural and structural plan sets
- Understanding of the jurisdictional inspection process and ability to successfully pass inspections
- Must be fluent and highly capable in using Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, Word
- Demonstrated proficiency in using computers and mobile devices to perform work in the field
- Aptitude for learning new construction technologies and practices
- Must be able to quickly learn new project management software and process
- Understanding of health and safety practices in residential construction required
- OSHA health and safety training highly preferred
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- High-degree of professionalism required with exceptional communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation for frequent travel between job sites during the day.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
The Project Manager is accountable for working with the Estimating Department to develop and thoroughly review each project Construction Package that is assigned, manage project schedules, budgets and subcontractors in accordance with Green Canopy’s values. It is expected that every home under the direct accountability of the Project Manager will be completed to a highest degree of quality.
- Assist project Construction Package (“CP”) development
- Meet with the Estimating representative to review assigned CPs and help address questions
- Review the assigned CP at designated times per the associated checklist
- Ensure Project Subcontract scopes of work are as accurate as possible
- Improve Construction Package development process as needed
- Track and Maintain Project Budgets
- Approving all invoices based on written contract with subcontractor or supplier
- Providing monthly updated projections to the Controller
- Generating and tracking Change Orders as they occur
- Reviewing weekly reports generated by Accounting to reconcile the project budget
- Track and Maintain Project Schedules
- Accountable for ensuring project updates occur
- Maintain a 6-week outlook of a project schedule
- Coordinating and scheduling subcontractors
- Informing Sales and Controller of schedule changes as they relate to key milestones
- Subcontractor Management
- Responsible for enforcing all aspects of Service Agreements
- Sending all required notification forms to subcontractors and notifying VP Construction
- Site Supervisor Management
- Accountable for facilitating weekly production meetings
- Accountable for elevating the level of performance and understanding of the Site Supervisors
- Accountable for managing Site Supervisors in line with Green Canopy values
- Site Safety
- Accountable for all aspects of site cleanliness and site safety including PPE
- Quality Control
- Accountable for all aspects on Quality Control as it relates to the construction of the project
- Accountable for ensuring all QCIC’s are performed at the necessary stages of construction
- Accountable and responsible for ensuring subcontractors fix any aspect of an unsatisfactory QCIC inspection.
This is an Exempt, full time position, working from the office and on various job sites in the Seattle area.
Annual salary for this position is dependent on experience. Competitive benefits package includes: company-paid medical, dental, vision & life insurance; 401(k) plan; paid maternity/paternity leave; gym, phone & gas benefits.
If we move forward with you in the interview process, we will ask for references from former employers, customers, employees and subcontractors.
To apply, please complete the requested assessment and submit a cover letter and copy of your current resume. In your cover letter, please include the name of your favorite musical group.
We will begin interviewing qualified applicants as soon as we receive responses.
Feel free to browse our company website to learn more about Green Canopy.