Interior Designer job in Seattle
Interior Designer (Seattle)
We are seeking a mission-driven Interior Designer to join Green Canopy’s growing design team.
Who we are:
Green Canopy Homes is an urban home builder with offices in Seattle and Portland. We are a team of top-talent real estate, design, and building professionals with a commitment to corporate, social, and environmental responsibility. We are a values-led organization with a staff that forges ahead with purpose. Our corporate culture is built on respect, trust, and love for one another, our children and future generations, and the planet. Our mission is to inspire resource efficiency in residential markets.
What we do:
Our team is dedicated to building sustainable and resilient communities from the inside out. We focus on transforming the residential real estate market so that environmental sustainability and resource efficiency are the norm. We do this through the design and construction of residential projects, impact investing, and education.
How we are different:
The Green Canopy design team is different than a typical design firm in several ways:
- Environmental sustainability is a core element of all of our projects.
- We work side by side with our construction team.
- The design team’s role doesn’t end at permitting. We are partners throughout the entire process, including interior design, material and fixture selection, and construction.
- We have a collaborative environment with limited ego.
The Interior Designer is responsible for selecting and documenting interior fixtures and finishes and collaborating on interior standards with other design team members.
Who we are looking for:
Green Canopy Homes is seeking a candidate with the following qualifications:
- 2 years’ minimum experience working in an interior design setting
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design
- Proficient in AutoCAD & SketchUp
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must enjoy producing design and construction documents. Members of the GCH design team are both thinkers and doers who are both involved in design decision making and in documenting those decisions.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be self-directed and curious, and feel a sense of ownership and responsibility toward your work
- Must work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Fixture and finish selection
- Select all interior fixtures, appliances and finishes and coordinate them into a cohesive interior concept.
- Select and layout casework in kitchens and baths
- Lighting and electrical
- Assist Architect with lighting and electrical layout
- Cost Control
- Accountable for coordinating project interior design within the project budget
- Master Specifications
- Collaborate with other design team members and other GCH departments to create and maintain a master specification for use on all projects
- Market Awareness
- Stay abreast of current design and material trends in project markets
- Project Specifications
- Document fixture and finish selections with simplified project specifications and/or schedules
- Interior Design Drawings
- Draw interior elevations and produce other interior design project documents as necessary to communicate design decisions using primarily AutoCAD and SketchUp
- Other Documentation
- Interior Designer may also assist Project Manager / Architect with the production of other project documents as necessary, including permit drawings and construction documents
This is an Exempt, full time position, working from our office in Seattle. Occasional travel to project sites, local jurisdiction offices and special events may be required.
Annual salary for this position is dependent on experience. Competitive benefits package includes: company-paid medical, dental, vision & life insurance; 401(k) plan; paid maternity/paternity leave; gym, phone & gas benefits.
If we move forward with you in the interview process, we will ask for references from former employers, customers, employees and/or subcontractors.
To apply, please complete the requested assessment and submit a cover letter and copy of your current resume. In your cover letter, please include the name of your favorite musical group.
Feel free to browse our company website to learn more about Green Canopy.