Program Manager, Montreal job in Montreal
Vacancy has expired
Certified B Corporation
Business Services - Other
State / Province:
Program Manager, Montreal
Program Manager - Job Summary
Techstars operates 30+ Accelerator programs around the globe and we’re looking for a Program Manager (PM) who can lead Operations of our Accelerator program in Montreal. The PM is one half of the Accelerator program team, consisting of one Program Director and an investment focused Managing Director (MD). The PM’s focus is operations - executing on Techstars proven playbook and delivering the best possible experience for Founders; the MD’s focus is investment - sourcing, recruiting and investing in the best companies. PMs are responsible for ensuring the successful execution of the program, including administrative duties, budget management and planning, program and mentor scheduling and the recruiting, hiring, training and management of the seasonally hired Associates. Experience with logistics and event planning, as well as familiarity with the early stage venture backed company ecosystem is preferred. During the ‘off-season’ (not running a program), PMs have the responsibilities/objectives to work with across the global Techstars network to provide mentorship to other PMs, as well as training based on best practices. A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Managing Director to develop program plan, and then own the overall responsibility for the successful execution of the program.
- Ensure program is following best practices and executing upon outlined content and curriculum of the Techstars proven playbook and delivering the best possible experience.
- Own the overall logistics and programming of the program, including calendar management (mentors, speakers, and events).
- Develop and track quality, operational execution and customer success metrics.
- Manage relationships and coordinate scheduling of mentors, investors and corporate partners.
- Relationship management for Techstars’ local and global network program sponsors, including coordination with the Techstars’ Partnership team.
- Recruiting, hiring and management of program staff, including Associates.
- Share new best practices with the Techstars’ team globally as you identify areas for innovation and improvement.
- Engage with founders, mentors, and investors to ensure the successful execution of programs.
- Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively
- Service the Techstars’ network overall on and off-season: mentor new PMs; assist in other programs; work on strategic initiatives; and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships across the Techstars ecosystem
- 5+ years of experience in fast-paced environments with a focus on business operations, project or program management
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience in event planning and event logistics
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities – we're lean so we all have to roll up our sleeves!
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- History of delivering high quality customer satisfaction through CSAT and Net Promoter systems.
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Must be fluent in French
Techstars is excited to bring a Program Manager on the team that will help take this program to the next level. If you’re interested, we’d love to have a conversation with you about the position.
Techstars helps entrepreneurs succeed. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow.
Techstars operates four divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships, and the Techstars Venture Capital Fund. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Program supercharges success and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Venture Capital Fund invests in the most innovative and disruptive Techstars companies to fuel their success. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands create world-changing products and services. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,000 companies with an estimated market cap of over $8 billion.
Techstars is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
ref: (SB_11491) 13 days agoBack to search results