Ballard - Clerk & Kitchen Jobs - Various Departments job in Seattle, WA
Get in on the Grocery Goodness!
At New Seasons Market we have fun - and we take good food seriously. We get inspired by food. Our stores offer a wide array of local organic produce at season's peak, humanely raised meats from animals fed or finished on a non-GMO diet, sustainably harvested seafood, Certified Organic artisan breads, handmade freshly prepared foods and unique, artisanal local finds alongside classic brands. Because at the end of the day, New Seasons is all about really good food.
Even more importantly, New Seasons is a happy place - and that's because of our passionate staff. We're foodies. We're chefs. We're bakers. We love sharing our passion for food with our customers. And it all happens in a progressive workplace, where we listen and trust more than dictate. We love to laugh, we delight in connection-making, we celebrate our differences, and we see the extraordinary in the every day.
Ready for a Career You'll Really Love? And a Job that Loves You Back?
Check Out Our Departments:
Clerk positions open regularly in our store. This job posting will be used to fill these openings. On your application, you will have an opportunity to let us know which departments you prefer. We recommended that you select all the departments that interest you as we may not have current openings in every department.
Prepared Foods: It's your kitchen away from home, with the added bonus of a fabulous team. Learn the traditional, centuries-old craft of baking, serving up a perfect latte, work with delicious cheeses and help customers answer the age-old question of "What's for dinner tonight?" If you like preparing and sharing delicious recipes, prepared foods is for you.
Perishable: It's all about partnering with the best of the best - from local organic farmers and ranchers to sustainably focused seafood producers. You'll get to be a part of people's big memorable moments and introduce unique products with every season in our produce, meat & seafood and floral departments.
Non-Perishable: The center of our store houses amazing products to fill your home, pantry and fridge. It's about helping people look and feel good in our wellness department, building visual grocery displays that tell a story, and helping customers make the perfect meal - items from home goods to set their table, and the best local wine and beer to create the ideal meal pairing.
Operations: People on the operations team are problem solvers, outgoing, super-friendly and love working with our customers and communities each and every day. You'll get to make meaningful connections with hundreds of customers as the face of the store cashiering and you will also have opportunities to help throughout the store. In other words? You can really make someone's day.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
These are the general requirements for all positions. Specific qualifications depend on position.
- Due to federal and state regulations, must be at least
- 21 years of age for positions that serve alcohol
- 18 years of age for all other positions
- Friendly and customer service oriented, with an interest in food and cooking.
- Customer service, retail, barista, food service, grocery or similar experience preferred.
- Basic math and computation skills required.
- Skills to work independently, effectively manage own time and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Skills to adapt to the shifting priorities and needs of a retail environment.
- Skills to exercise good judgment at all times.
- Self-motivated, with high attention to detail, quality and presentation.
- Skills to collaborate and communicate effectively and professionally in a team environment and one on one with coworkers, supervisors and customers.
- Skills to manage difficult customer interactions preferred.
- Skills to read, understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet needs of the department.
- Ability to reliably meet required work schedule and adhere to company attendance policy.
These are the general physical requirements for all positions. Specific physical requirements vary by position.
- Continuously required to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking throughout shift. Sitting seldom required.
- Continuously required to: lift and carry 1-20 pounds; use arms, hands and wrists; grasping/squeezing
- Frequently required to: push and/or pull 1-40 pounds; twist; reach at/above shoulder; reach below shoulder
- Occasionally required to: lift and carry 21-50 pounds; bend/stoop; crouch/squat; kneel; climb step stools
- Frequency of climbing stairs and ladders dependent on location
These is the general work environment for all positions. The work environment may vary by department.
- Work occurs in a grocery store environment which includes surfaces that can be wet and slippery, moderate noise level, and temperature extremes in controlled environments in the cooler and freezer.
- There may be exposure to dust, mold, gluten, fragrances and other fumes and airborne particles, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants, and flowers.
- Work requires use of and working in proximity to common commercial cleaning agents.
- This position works on or around moving machinery or moving parts.