Creative Intern job in Toronto
Public Inc. is Canada's leading social impact marketing agency helping brands profit with purpose.
We are looking for two Creative Interns to participate in our Summer Internship Program.
The successful candidate will:
- Report to the Chief Creative Officer and/or Creative Director, where your role is to develop and execute integrated creative campaigns for our clients’ target audience(s) against our “profit with purpose” thesis that delivers both business and social/community benefit.
In this context, you will research, plan, conceptualize, pitch, design, execute and sell our creative product. You will be expected to contribute across a breadth of work from multi-channel campaigns, product/platform design, branding and social assets. You will be expected to work independently and as a team as needed or directed.
Success for the Creative Intern is ultimately measured by the extent to which the creative concepts and campaigns developed help our clients realize their desired business and social impact objectives and drive the desired action(s) and results. Although this will primarily be measured by client and consumer response to our work, and how this helps support our ability to secure additional business opportunities with existing clients and to merchandise case studies/successes to prospective clients, it is also advantageous for our creative work to receive external recognition and validation in the form of media/industry attention, awards, etc.
- As a Creative Intern, you should be actively learning from members of the Creative Team and the broader Public team
- Develop and deliver exceptional creative assets, particularly in your relevant field(s) of creative expertise, and to contribute to creative concept development.
- Responsible for the quality and complexity of creative outputs, and to play a more active role in contributing to creative ideation across all phases of our client engagements
- Develop your skills and experience across the spectrum of creative disciplines, in addition to continuing to hone your capabilities in your primary field of expertise.
- Develop creative concepts designed to meet client business and social impact objectives, and be prepared to communicate the logic/approach behind these ideas (e.g., fit with defined strategy & objectives; ability to execute effectively within defined time/budget or other constraints; etc.)
- Design and execute exceptional creative work in a timely manner that consistently meets or exceeds both client and internal expectations
- Contribute to project scoping and design to help ensure there is adequate scope, time and budget to deliver exceptional creative concepts and assets
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Currently or recently completed undergraduate studies in advertising/design/copywriting.
- An online creative portfolio of work
Start Date: May 7th, 2018
End Date: August 24th, 2018
Application Deadline: March 9th, 2018 (Previously March 6th, 2018)
- Resume or CV including two references.
- A cover letter answering the following (no more than 2 pages):
- What will you bring to the internship program?
- What do you hope to gain from the internship program?
- What does social impact mean to you?