Building Rating Systems Manager job in Pittsburgh
We are looking for a motivated, detail oriented team member who can help us manage and secure the certifications of green building projects. This position affords the opportunity to learn and grow within Pittsburgh’s foremost green building and sustainability consultancy. Established in 2004, evolveEA is an award-winning carbon-neutral, triple bottom line focused WBE firm located in the East End of Pittsburgh,PA. For more information about our firm, refer to www.evolveEA.com.
The Building Rating Systems Manager (BRSM) is responsible for managing green building projects seeking certification under rating systems such as USGBC LEED certification, Living Building Challenge, WELL and Energy Star for projects in the inception, design, construction phases. The BRSM will use evolveEA’s body of successfully submitted projects as a resource and will report to the Principal level. Individual must be a quick learner, good with people and have strong quantitative skills.
Duties to be performed:
- Manage and support LEED and Green Building certifications for various projects simultaneously.
- Lead project meetings and have direct interaction with project team members, including owners, architects, engineers and contractors.
- Streamline and standardize the documentation of projects. Perform and oversee calculations. Write narratives and review submittals.
- Visit construction sites to review and document progress. Participate in project meetings and maintain client contact.
- Help establish project sustainability goals and participate in design workshops.
- Communicate with rating organizations regarding questions, reviews and rulings.
- Delegate and oversee specific tasks to evolveEA support staff.
- Utilize tools such as Portfolio Manager, LEED User and LEED Online.
- Evaluate and oversee energy models, lighting models, and other engineering models.
- Research and understand current green building design and construction standards.
- Actively learn about sustainability best practices.
- Write summaries of work for internal and external promotional and educational efforts.
- Generally take part in and nurture evolveEA’s internal office culture.
- Occasionally write blogs or white papers pertaining to thought leadership.
- Contribute to the writing of proposals.
- Write and evaluate Pre and Post Occupancy Evaluations.
- Help calculate firm-wide and project environmental impact.
- Any other activities deemed necessary by Principals for the health of evolveEA.
General: Good communication skills; accurate, clear, organized, self-starter; desire to promote and encourage sustainability; desire and ability to collaborate; flexibility regarding change and work environment; ability to take in and process large amounts of information; good people skills; ability to multi-task.