Software Product Manager job in Billerica
Company: Walden is a 3-year old mission-driven startup with a mission of reinvigorating local agricultural economies, in support of healthier animals, soils, and communities. We market and distribute sustainable meat that you can truly feel good about - from a health, economic, environmental and ethical perspective. With both a consumer retail and wholesale business, we have significant market traction as the leading direct to consumer-branded meat in the Northeast, with a vision of replicating our model in other metropolitan areas.
Role: As Manager of Product, you will have ownership over new projects and features for our consumer-facing website and internal apps and tools. You will work at the intersection of software, business, marketing, user-testing, and operations to deliver the best product possible.
As a product manager, you will actively gather in-depth knowledge while also diving into the small details for each project. You will oversee each project throughout the development process - from prototyping, user testing, business requirement documentation, creating timelines, prioritizing, post-production testing, quality assurance, communicating progress, and doing post-product analysis. You will work with Developers, Operations, Marketing, and the Leadership team.
- Manage timeline expectations and documenting requests for features
- Writing business requirements
- Liaison between development and stakeholders
- Quality Assurance & Testing
- Proactively identify and lead improvement initiatives
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with developers as well as non-technical team members
- Proven communications and listening ability
- Ability to work with minimal guidance, being able to handle uncertainty and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proactive and collaborative approach; service-oriented
- BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years of related experience working in product capacity
- Highly detail-oriented with experience developing/documenting procedures and building business requirements
- Strong UI/UX experience and a technical background
- Demonstrated experience producing quality software product
- Experience in agile development, weekly sprints, and continuous software deployment
Valued attributes and skills:
- Detail driven
- Passion for our mission and sustainable agriculture/food
- Experience at a startup or young company
- Creative, problem-solving ability
Commensurate to experience, plus bonus, healthcare, 401(k), vacation, and other benefits. If interested, please email a cover letter & resume.