Graphic Designer job in Culver City
POSITION: Graphic Designer
Reports To: Product Development Director
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Dogeared was born on the beautiful beaches of Southern California in 1991. Founder Marcia Maizel-Clarke believed jewelry could be both beautiful and meaningful. The jewels are simple, modern and versatile, inspired by California’s free spirited, natural beauty. Each piece tells a story celebrating individuality, self-expression, love, and friendship. Dogeared’s unique jewels regularly appear on celebrities on and off the red carpet, as well as in fashion and lifestyle publications, movies and TV.
Dogeared lives by the philosophy that what goes around comes around, and strives to make a positive impact by handcrafting everything in the USA, being kind to the planet, and partnering with non-profit organizations who share their vision of a better world. Dogeared is a certified B-Corporation, joining a community dedicated to using business as a force of good and reaffirming Dogeared’s commitment to 'B the change.'
- Design and produce creative marketing materials for packaging, print and web.
- Collaborate with design and marketing team on projects to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Work with Product Development Director and Marketing Manager to communicate any challenges with timing and deliverables.
- Carry the company brand aesthetics through all aspects of the website, e-mails, printed materials, packaging and social media.
- Execute designs from concept to production ready art.
- Work with product images and photography and maintain standards for fonts and colors within the context of the brand.
- Design and maintain design elements and interact with project teams to ensure that designs are understood, implemented and produced appropriately.
- Circulate creative within group of new and revised materials. Circulate proofs for approval and maintain a library of artwork for all materials within internal filing system.
- Ensure that copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style.
- Other design duties, as assigned.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum three year’s experience in graphic design in all media including print and digital.
- Intermediate / Advance use of Adobe CS6 including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, and MAC proficient.
- Ability to produce graphic design materials using a range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment with strong composition and layout skills.
- An understanding of color theory & font treatments specific to web and print.
- Understand retail, e-commerce, fashion aesthetics with the ability to translate compelling current visuals.
- Self-manages timelines, projects, expectations once assigned.
- Experience with web site design and updates.
- Expertise in production processes, including pre-flighting of artwork, establishing pre-press requirements, understanding digital workflow and digital color.
- Strong writing, editing, spelling and grammar skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at once with tight deadlines.
- Be innately curious about design and aware of the latest market and media trends, new aesthetics, materials, graphic styles, typography, and most importantly, problem solving.
- Product photography and photo-retouching skills a plus.
- Experience quoting and managing print jobs, as well as working with printers and packaging vendors.
- Able to take creative constructive feedback and translate into revisions.
- Must be organized (to include digital files and physical space).
- Must be able to work in a team environment.