Program Associate, Managed Organizations job in Washington
You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
We need someone to support and grow multiple nonprofit organizations that Arabella Advisors manages. We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated self-starter with exceptional communication skills. In this position, you will be expected to work directly with our nonprofit clients and manage a portfolio of projects. Additionally, you will support business development, operational innovations, and synthesize financial data. If you have at least two years of professional work experience, an interest in nonprofit operations, and want the opportunity to work with a fast-growing and entrepreneurial team reshaping the charitable sector, then this job is for you.
• Independently manage a portfolio of fiscal sponsorship and grant-making projects, including managing relevant documentation for projects, monitoring project cash flows, synthesizing large amounts of financial data, and communicating with clients and donors
• Support nonprofit project Account Managers (Associate Directors and Directors) in the management of a large portfolio of hosted projects and grant-making programs
• Support business development and the process of developing new donors
• Help structure donor-driven public interest projects for maximum impact
• Contribute to operational and procedural innovations for the managed organizations
• Develop an understanding of relevant emerging and critical philanthropic trends
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum two years of work experience (internships and work experience combined)
• Impeccable interpersonal and client relationship/customer service skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to anticipate needs of clients and raise them to manager and proactively provide materials needed
• Demonstrated effectiveness providing necessary professional support in front of and for customers
• Ability to lead portions of client meetings with oversight
• Ability to proactively problem-solve to identify both problems and potential solutions in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to manage multiple demands, projects and deadlines
• High level of computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database programs and web-based communications tools
• Sense of humor
Our Core Competencies:
• [Service Excellence] Ability to provide excellent, including the ability to efficiently and independently address routine service matters, to suggest effective client-centered solutions when elevating challenges or concerns, and to understand how the team can operate to maintain high-quality service.
• [Project and Task Management] The ability to complete complex tasks, to use a work plan to undertake projects, and to understand how those projects impact the client, team, and/or firm’s objectives
• [Stakeholder Management] The ability to understand stakeholders’ perspectives and circumstances, and to build and manage strong relationships that reflect that understanding.
• [Communication] The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, including the ability to adapt style, tone, and content to various audiences; to make technical information assessible to broader audiences; and to collaborate with others to produce strong written deliverables
• [Collaboration] The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including knowing when and how to compromise, being willing to proactively help colleagues, and sharing knowledge in various mediums
• [Continuous Learning] An enthusiasm for taking on stretch and development opportunities, including the ability to accept feedback and use it to improve performance
• [Resourcefulness] The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including knowing when to elevate challenges along with possible solutions
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
About Arabella’s Managed Organizations Team
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple nonprofit organizations, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation, global health and civic engagement.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and standing desks and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to six federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.