Human Resources Manager job in Miami
The Human Resources Manager is an HR business partner role that will focus on generalist activities for the assigned campus, specifically related to employee relations, development and engagement. The Human Resources Manager position encompasses all aspects of human resources support, including performance management, recruitment, and training and development of managers, faculty and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support daily employee relations activity for multiple client groups across the campus community. Serves as the first point of contact for campus HR issues related to general employee relations issues, compensation, employee benefits, and company policies, practices and procedures.
- Work closely with other members of the USAHS and corporate Human Resources Teams, including talent acquisition, organizational development, compensation, benefits and payroll, in support of the employee experience from hire to separation.
- Provide guidance to management on issues involving performance management and compliance with internal policies, as well as all applicable Federal, state and local employment laws.
- Facilitate new hire orientation classes, using the “Live Meeting” technology as well as in- person presentations on a rotational basis with other members of the human resources team.
- Provide guidance and support to functional management teams during the performance review cycle as well as the Common Review Date (CRD) merit planning.
- Processing of employee status changes; ensure that status changes are submitted and completed in an accurate and timely manner through manager and employee self-service portal in the human resources information system (HRIS).
- Participate and/or lead in ad hoc Human Resources projects or report generation as business needs dictate.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
Strong verbal and written communication skills, high energy, excellent follow-up skills, tenacity and relationship building skills are required. Must be proficient in MS office applications including Excel and Powerpoint.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a HR generalist role within a mid to large size organization, preferably in a higher education setting, supporting multiple client groups in a fast-paced, diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and the ability to provide guidance to management in compliance with those requirements.
- Must have proven background in a role that required the utilization of recruitment skills and process.