Manager, Human Resources Operations job in Brattleboro
Vacancy has expired
Leverage your analytical & excel skills, your attention to detail and your desire to build a career in Human Resource Management by expressing interest in this highly visible and impactful leadership role with a true mission driven enterprise. This position reports directly to the head of Human Resources.
Experience the best of all worlds at New Chapter! Founded 35 years ago, our mission is to deliver the wisdom of nature through our sustainably sourced, organic vitamins and herbal supplements. Recognized as a 2018 Best Places to Work in Vermont, New Chapter is a certified B-Corp, and an Organic, Non-GMO and certified Gluten Free manufacturer of dietary supplements that places our employees and our consumers first. Nestled in the beautiful hills of Southern Vermont, New Chapter provides easy access to towns and cities across New England without unwanted traffic or congestion. We invite you to discover a new chapter in your career, and in your life, by considering this opportunity to join our team!
Plan, manage and administer all aspects of HR Operations and HR Infrastructure including the creation, review and use of HR policies, internal HR procedures, manager guidelines and other protocols that support consistent, best-in-class workforce management practices in various areas including Benefits, Compensation, HR Administration, record-keeping, reporting and compliance. Collaborate with the HR Business Partners and with leadership across the organization to deliver highly effective, reliable and efficient program delivery that supports managers and employees in ways that align with the company’s objectives, strategies and values.
MAJOR ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assume primary ownership of the HR department’s process management processes - driving efficient and reliable program administration. This includes process reviews, continuous improvement efforts and rigorous process documentation.
- In partnership with the Head of Human Resources, play a key role in HR program and policy design, developing and leveraging subject-matter expertise in ways that make significant contributions to these initiatives. Establish and maintain strong, effective working relationships with carriers’ consultants and vendors and oversee RFP’s, program project design and delivery.
- Own all aspects of HR data management and reporting including design, utilization, data protection and maintenance of HRIS data.
- Oversee competitive benchmarking processes including the definition of comparator peer groups, use of pay and benefit surveys and other methods to assess the strength of our people programs and policies.
- Ensure that employees receive best-in-class support as it relates to benefits administration and other important programs.
- Assume primary ownership of HR-related compliance processes – particularly in regards to policy design and statutory reporting. Ensure legal compliance with HR federal and state requirements.
- As needed, provide back-up support to other HR team members by leveraging general knowledge of Human Resources strategies to ensure that support to employees and managers is not compromised because of special initiatives, staff vacancies or shortages.
- Passion and talent for flawless execution, continuous improvement and an unwavering attention to detail
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to balance unplanned, daily demands with longer-term projects and initiatives. Well organized.
- Strong business acumen and understanding with the ability to articulate HR initiatives in terms that business leaders can appreciate and that aligns with the big picture.
- Strong analytical skills and a natural curiosity for understanding how things work below the surface level. This involves being comfortable with numbers and tools used to manage data such as excel in ways that transform a large volume of data into a coherent story.
- Effective communication skills that facilitate transparency, collaboration, knowledge transfer and the establishment of trust and confidence. Capable of effectively adjusting communications to various audiences as required.
- Technically knowledgeable about HR-related laws at the state and federal level, and HR program design and strategies particularly as it relates to employee Benefit & Compensation programs.
- Genuine compassion for others and a capability to represent the best interests of all New Chapter associates while keeping the best interests of the company in mind.
EXPERIENCE,EDUCATION and CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required.
- Five or more years of relevant experience in employee program design, administration and reporting.
- Very strong capability with the MS Office Suite – particularly excel.
- Strong knowledge in benefits, retirement and compensation-related laws.
New Chapter, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.