AP Clerk job in New York City
Warby Parker is on the lookout for an Accounts Payable Clerk to play an essential part on our Accounting team! We need someone who pays sharp attention to detail, obsesses over expenses down to the penny, and constantly has all information ticked and tied—an industrious soul who can ensure expenses are classified correctly, vendors are paid timely, and employees are reimbursed. You up for it? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Process incoming vendor invoices by reviewing details, confirming vendor information, and classifying expenses by account and departments
- Maintain vendor records by verifying vendor accounts and reconciling all monthly statements and related transactions
- Collaborate across departments to manage vendor relationships
- Review employee expense reports for compliance with Warby Parker policy and accounting classification, and prepare employee reimbursements
- Address documentation requests and inquiries during annual audits
Who you are:
- Equipped with 1–2 years in an Accounts Payable position (or a related field)
- The proud owner of a bachelor’s degree in accounting (or a related field of study)
- Proficient in Excel and accounting software programs
- Insanely organized and detail-oriented—color-coded spreadsheets make your heart beat
- Super-serious about your work without taking yourself too seriously :-)
- A clear and prompt communicator, both in person and online
- Experience using NetSuite expenses
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)