Researcher, Military Recruiting Research job in Arlington
Vacancy has expired
Fors Marsh Group LLC is an applied research consulting firm based in Arlington, VA. Our primary mission is to leverage insights from the social sciences for improved organizational decision-making. As a thriving small business we are committed to providing growth opportunities to our employees, expanding their areas of competence, and challenging them to provide the best possible research for our clients.
FMG is seeking an intelligent and motivated research analyst needed to work as part of a research team. This individual’s primary responsibility will be support of surveys and other research efforts aimed for Government clients. This job is best suited for an individual who enjoys research, possesses excellent attention to detail, continuously strives to learn and develop, and prefers working in a cooperative environment.
- Assist with the development, analysis, and reporting of large scale tracking surveys examining topics such as public attitudes towards the Military as a career path.
- Work with datasets (e.g., run frequencies, compute means), manage datasets, and assist in data cleaning.
- Conduct univariate and multivariate analyses to support a variety of research projects.
- Prepare written reports and professional briefings that turn research into recommendations.
- Work under tight deadlines to fulfill client requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, statistics or related field required.
- Two years of academic or professional research experience preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a team member.
- Excellent analytic and dataset manipulation skills in at least one statistical software package (e.g., Stata, SPSS, SAS, R). Experience in text analytics, data mining, or multivariate statistics a plus.
- Experience creating visual and written summaries of research results that can be understood by nontechnical audiences. Experience creating interactive plots, maps, or graphics a plus.
- Strong quantitative ability and a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- Significant growth opportunities.
- A highly collegial and intellectually stimulating work environment.
- A company culture promoting work/life balance.
- Highly competitive benefit/compensation package.
FMG Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity