Senior Researcher, Military Recruiting Research job in Arlington
Fors Marsh Group LLC is an applied research consulting firm based in Arlington, VA. Our primary mission is to leverage insights from the social sciences for improved organizational decision-making. As a thriving small business we are committed to providing growth opportunities to our employees, expanding their areas of competence, and challenging them to provide the best possible research for our clients.
FMG is seeking an intelligent and motivated researcher needed to work as part of a research team. This individual’s primary responsibility will be support of surveys and other research efforts aimed for Government clients. This job is best suited for an individual who enjoys problem solving, takes initiative to provide structure to research questions, continuously questions the status quo of research and reporting, and can work side-by-side with clients in a collaborative environment.
- Assist with the development, analysis, and reporting of large scale tracking surveys examining topics such as public attitudes towards the Military as a career path.
- Review, prepare, and present written reports and professional briefings.
- Coordinate with team members and clients to translate research questions to analyses, research plans, and recommendations.
- Interact with clients on a day-to-day basis and work under tight deadlines to fulfill client requests.
- Conduct univariate and multivariate analyses to support a variety of research projects. Use research and analysis to find novel findings that can be reported in compelling and impactful reports.
- Prepare written reports and professional briefings that turn research into recommendations.
- Work under tight deadlines to fulfill client requests.
- Graduate degree in social science, public policy, statistics, quantitative psychology, survey methodology, or related field.
- Four years of academic or professional research experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated record of technical and business writing, preferably with experiences communicating with non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a team member.
- Excellent analytic and dataset manipulation skills in at least one statistical software package (e.g., Stata, SPSS, SAS, R). Experience in text analytics, data mining, or multivariate statistics a plus.
- Experience creating visual and written summaries of research results that can be understood by nontechnical audiences. Experience creating interactive plots, maps, or graphics a plus.
- Strong quantitative ability and a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- Significant growth opportunities.
- A highly collegial and intellectually stimulating work environment.
- A company culture promoting work/life balance.
- Highly competitive benefit/compensation package.
FMG Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity