Produce Packer (24 hours + )Produce Packer (24 hours + ) job in Edmonton
Vacancy has expired
The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a permanent, part-time Produce Packer for our Edmonton, AB warehouse (7039 68th Avenue). This shift will be 24 hours per week, with the possibility of increasing hours in the future, between the time frame of Monday- Friday 6:30 am- 3:00 pm.
What you’ll do
- Work as a member of our production team, to pack customer orders on our produce line. Our customers LOVE receiving beautiful, fresh, organic, local produce- and you are part of the team that makes this happen!
- Ensure all produce orders are fulfilled, nothing is missed, and following instructions for products that might be out of stock, or substituted, depending on quality and inventory.
- Pay specific attention to produce quality, ensuring that we are only sending our customers the highest quality, freshest produce available- no nicks, brown leaves, bruises, or anything else you wouldn't want to receive yourself!
- Stock the produce line
- Assist Produce Prep team, if required
- Work as a team to accurately pack customer orders on time, with care and an eye for detail- making their grocery dreams come true!
- Work in a warehouse environment; we have large walk-in coolers, so being comfortable working in a chilly environment, continuously on a daily basis, is really important.
- Report any shipment issues (shortages, poor quality, etc.).
- Work with other warehouse team members as one large team to get the day's work done, taking initiative and being willing to assist others as necessary, rolling up your sleeves to get the job done!
What you’ll receive
- $14.00 per hour starting wage
- 20 % discount on spud.ca orders
- Extended health care benefits (for employees working 24 hours or more after the 90 day probationary period)
- 4% vacation accrual
- Opportunities for growth and development- we love to promote from within!
- The chance to work in a fast-paced, motivated environment with like-minded individuals, who are passionate about sustainability, supporting local, community, and delicious food!
What you'll need
- Ability to meet the shift requirements (early morning starts) on a permanent basis.
- Experience working with produce is required.
- Ability to make quick quality decisions.
- Experience in a warehouse setting and/or within the grocery industry would be terrific!
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs comfortably, and be on your feet throughout the day.
- Ability to work comfortably in a cooler all day.
- Ability to be punctual, and reliable.
- Team spirit and willingness to work together.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude!
The SPUD family of companies includes:
- SPUD.CA (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery)- residential and office deliveries in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Edmonton
- Be Fresh- 5 market/cafes within the city of Vancouver, and our Be Fresh commissary services
- Blush Lane Organic Market- 4 markets, and a Farmer’s Market location in Calgary and Edmonton
- The Juice Box- healthy (and delicious!) fresh pressed juices and nut milks
Applications for all companies, except for Blush Lane Organics, are centralized through the SPUD Careers site. To apply for Blush Lane please see their Careers site.
Our values include:
- Fight to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
- Have Passion for Sustainable Food
- Be Open to the Perspective of Others
- Learn, Grow & Win as a Team
- Be Scrappy and Own It
- Find the Fun Together
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring practices.