Sr. Financial Analyst job in Columbia
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with team members to support the compilation and explanation of results for a multiple entity business segment
• Review, and report monthly financial results of assigned entities; analyze and interpret results and investigate variances vs plan and communicate findings to business / finance leadership
• Work directly with operational managers to understand and update short-term and long-term operating plans
• Prepare and explain the annual budget and long-range plans for assigned entities, including changes vs prior plan
• Work with business leadership to build revenue and expense forecasting models; discuss / challenge key assumptions and provide feedback and insight to the business.
• Frame and model various ad-hoc analyses, including capital investment proposals and pricing offers, as needed
• Individual must be a self-starter and be able to work independently on multi-step projects
• Some international travel required (
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• BS in Accounting, Finance or related field; MBA preferred
• Minimum of 5 years Accounting/Finance/Business experience required, preferably in a for profit setting or public company
• Strong financial and analytical skills including experience creating complex financial models and efficiently communicating results.
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work under pressure.
• Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills required.
• Hyperion Planning system 9 or Hyperion Essbase experience a plus
• Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to frame issues, collect and analyze data, draw valid conclusions, articulate and present findings.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/ deadlines simultaneously while collaborating with others.