Client & Research Intern job in Toronto
Public Inc. is Canada's leading social impact marketing agency helping brands profit with purpose.
We are looking for a Client & Research Specialist to participate in our Summer Internship Program.
You are a confident, organized, and personable self-starter who thrives in a collaborative and informal environment, and wants to work with leading brands to make the world a better place.
You will report to the Client Director and/or Client Lead, and contribute to the day-to-day co-ordination of client work as well as conduct secondary research to help inform client projects. Working collaboratively with our Client and Strategy teams, you will help Public deliver exceptional client work and outcomes.
Key Responsibilities include:
Account Coordination & Project Management:
- Contribute to and assist in the preparation of client documents and reports (e.g. project plans, internal briefing documents, presentations, contact/call reports, status reports);
- Arrange and prepare for internal and client meetings;
- Act as client contact and manage select Public projects;
- Monitor and manage internal project schedules with the assistance of the team; and
- Monitor project budgets and run weekly internal reports to assist the Client team.
- Contribute to the development of research and questions for client strategy deliverables;
- Conduct secondary research online and by phone with the guidance and supervision of the Client or Strategy teams;
- Prepare research reports to be shared internally with the Strategy team to inform key client, consumer and social impact insights; and
- Conduct client media scans daily to help inform the Client teams.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Minimum of three years of post-secondary school education;
- Current or recently completed undergraduate studies in Marketing, Business, or related disciplines;
- Highly flexible, detail-oriented worker willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done;
- Self-starter that sees where the need is and takes action;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Collaborative team player;
- Efficient and effective at managing your time; and
- Superior problem-solving skills and an innate curiosity about consumers, issues and the world.
Summer internships are for a minimum period of 12 weeks starting in May through August, with the possibility of extending to a full-time offer based on performance and resourcing needs. Our preferred terms are as follows:
Start Date: May 7th, 2018
End Date: August 24th, 2018
Application Deadline: March 9th, 2018 (Previously March 6th, 2018)
Interested candidates should submit the following below:
- Resume or CV including two references.
- A cover letter answering the following (no more than 2 pages):
- What will you bring to the internship program?
- What do you hope to gain from the internship program?
- What does social impact mean to you?