Engagement Intern job in Toronto
Public Inc. is Canada's leading social impact marketing agency helping brands profit with purpose.
We are looking for an Engagement intern to participate in our Summer Internship Program. You are a confident, organized, and personable self-starter who thrives in a collaborative and informal environment, and wants to work with leading brands to make the world a better place.
Reporting to the V.P. Strategy & Engagement, you will work collaboratively with our Engagement team, and help Public deliver exceptional client work and outcomes.
You will provide support to the team to deliver:
- integrated marketing and communications strategies, plans, and activities aligned with clients’ key business objectives
- social media plans and content
- media relations, PR, event planning and execution
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Currently finishing or recently completed undergraduate studies (BA in Advertising/Marketing preferred but not required)
- Strong communications skills (written, verbal, design)
- Organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
In addition, you:
- Think ahead and take initiative
- Identify and communicate problems as they arise
- Are efficient and know how to manage your time
- Are curious to learn new things
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
Summer internships are for a minimum period of 12 weeks starting in May through August, with the possibility of extending to a full-time offer based on performance and resourcing needs. Our preferred terms are as follows:
Start Date: May 7th, 2018
End Date: August 24th, 2018
Application Deadline: March 9th, 2018 (Previously March 6th, 2018)
Interested candidates should submit the following below:
- Resume or CV including two references.
- A cover letter answering the following (no more than 2 pages):
- What will you bring to the internship program?
- What do you hope to gain from the internship program?
- What does social impact mean to you?