Accounting Specialist job in Torrance
1. Job Summary:
Responsible for updating and maintaining accounting records for the company and its subsidiaries under the supervision of Controller. Specific duties include assisting with accounts receivables, processing accounts payable and checks, and analyzing records of various general ledger accounts
2. Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain timely and accurate accounts payable records. This includes but not limited to issuing payments based on departmental guidelines and resolving vendor disputes.
- Partner with others to meet and exceed customer service expectations for Help Desk.
- Update and maintain accurate Fixed Assets and depreciation records.
- Maintain all information gathered while working with a high level of confidentiality.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining accurate accounts receivable records.
- Understand how Calsoft’s accounting system is integrated across departments and how a transaction can affect that system.
Company and clients
- Various administrative duties like answering calls, mail and shipping, and helpdesk.
- Collaborates with other team members to achieve team goals.
- Share and support the activities of other team members.
- Possess a positive attitude with a willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
- Builds and nurtures positive working relationships with clients, co-workers and business associates.
3. Skills and Qualifications:
- Intermediate accounting skills
- 2 years experience in accounting/book keeping
- Time Management; ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Friendly, empathetic and considerate when communicating with others.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Computer proficiency. Excel / Word
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances
- Strong accountability and follow through skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with other departments, listen to the needs of multiple perspectives, and act as peacemaker among diverse administrative needs of organization.
- Able to work independently and meet managerial goals. Yet, work as a team player