Enterprise Systems Administrator job in Rutland or Colchester
Green Mountain Power is seeking a senior-level Systems Administrator to join our fast-paced IT team to help architect and administer a wide variety of mission critical enterprise systems for our customers. This position requires a broad set of skills focused on working in a Linux operating system environment in support of numerous Oracle and open source applications.
In this role, you will provide advanced support for production-related issues at the application, database, and middleware layers; provide support for developers, and participate in system design and implementation projects.
GMP is a leading energy transformation services company and was recently selected by Fast Company magazine as the #1 Most Innovative Energy Company in the US. GMP is dedicated to providing clean, cost-effective energy solutions to its customers, while also delivering the latest in energy innovations to drive down costs. We are also proud to be the first utility in the world to receive a B Corp certification, meeting rigorous social, environmental, accountability, and transparency standards and committing to use business as a force for good. We serve 265,000 residential and commercial customers in Vermont and are looking for inspired contributors with the right attitude and grit to be part of a company embracing transformational change.
The ideal candidate will possess experience with the following:
• Linux: Red Hat, Oracle Enterprise Linux, CentOS, etc.
• Excellent system monitoring, configuration, trouble-shooting, and patching skills
• Experience with NFS and iSCSI
• TCP/IP theory and fundamentals
• Batch processing and scripting experience
• Cloud systems experience, preferably with AWS or Oracle Cloud
• 3-5 years’ experience in an Oracle, Postgres, and/or MySQL database environment
• A proven ability to work with SAN’s, clone systems, and support high-availability/DR solutions
The following skills are a plus:
• Familiarity with the Oracle Utilities Application Framework (OUAF) and Oracle databases
• Oracle Database 12c/11g performance tuning, compression, and partitioning
• Oracle Exadata
• OBIEE, Hadoop, Cloudera
At least 3 years of progressively advanced experience is required. Demonstrated skills working in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment is also necessary. This position requires strong oral, written and organizational skills, excellent time management skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
May be located in either our Rutland or Colchester office.