Senior Windows Systems Administrator job in Rutland or Colchester
Green Mountain Power is seeking a senior-level Windows Systems Administrator to join our fast-paced IT Team. This position requires a broad set of enterprise-level skills focused on supporting a diverse selection of data-center-centric and cloud-based applications and services.
In addition to designing, supporting, and troubleshooting systems in a Windows Server environment, preferred candidates will possess additional skills working with SQL 2012 and SQL 2016, including experience with installations, configuration, monitoring, database tuning, clustering, migrations, refreshes, and database security.
GMP is a leading energy transformation services company and was recently selected by Fast Company magazine as the #1 Most Innovative Energy Company in the US. GMP is dedicated to providing clean, cost-effective energy solutions to its customers, while also delivering the latest in energy innovations to drive down costs. We are also proud to be the first utility in the world to receive a B Corp certification, meeting rigorous social, environmental, accountability, and transparency standards and committing to use business as a force for good. We serve 265,000 residential and commercial customers in Vermont and are looking for inspired contributors with the right attitude and grit to be part of a company embracing transformational change.
The ideal candidate will possess experience with the following:
• 3-5 years administering Windows Server 2008 and 2012, R2 (2106, a plus)
• Excellent system monitoring, configuration, trouble-shooting, and patching skills
• Advanced Active Directory, Group Policy configuration and design, and SCCM skills
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP theory and networking fundamentals
• DNS, DHCP, WINS
• Experience with desktop virtualization platforms and tools (VMWare, NSX, ESX, VCenter, etc.)
• Solid documentation and exceptional communication skills are required for this role
• Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and collaborate effectively with both IT and Business users
The following skills are a plus:
• Maintaining Windows Servers in a 100+ server environment
• Experience with work management and/or scheduling applications
• Linux (Red Hat, Oracle Enterprise Linux, CentOS, etc)
At least 3 years of progressively advanced experience is required. Demonstrated skills working in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment is also necessary. This position requires strong oral, written and organizational skills, excellent time management skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
May be located in either our Rutland or Colchester offices.