Entrepreneur in Residence for the Alexa Accelerator, Powered by Techstars job
Entrepreneur in Residence for the Alexa Accelerator, Powered by Techstars - London England
Entrepreneur in Residence Job Summary:
The Alexa Accelerator, powered by Techstars is one of the 30+ Accelerator programs Techstars operates around the globe, but the first to run a single program out of two locations. We are looking for a London based Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) to work closely with the program’s Seattle based Managing Director (MD) and Program Manager (PM) to manage 3 London based accelerator companies and their programming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the MD to create a holistic strategy and delivery plan for the successful execution of the London based Alexa Accelerator, powered by Techstars programming.
- Work with the MD in sourcing, recruiting and making the initial investments decisions in all 13 companies selected.
- Create and nurture a strong network of Europe based mentors and investors.
- Engage with founders to ensure Techstars is delivering on the promise “Do what's right for the founder”.
- Support the founders in achieving their in program goals as well as post-program financing goals.
- Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively.
- Expertise in term sheets, negotiations and fundraising.
- Expertise in running and growing an early stage startup.
- Alignment with the Techstars vision, direction and support of overall organization objectives.
- 5+ years of experience in fast-paced environments within technology, startups, entrepreneurship and venture capital.
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations.
- Comfortable commanding a room; public speaking and community development is part of the job.
- Fits the Techstars’ culture (#givefirst, Entrepreneurial Inclination, High Quality and Network Focused).
- Experience working in or with large corporate organizations.
- Strong connections within the European investment community.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to spend up to 25% of the 3 month accelerator program in Seattle.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow.
Techstars operates four divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships, and the Techstars Venture Capital Fund. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Program supercharges success and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partners build relationships with our worldwide network of entrepreneurs to help fuel business growth and achieve innovation goals. Techstars Venture Capital Fund invests in the most innovative and disruptive Techstars companies to fuel their success. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,000 companies with an estimated market cap of over $8 billion.